Blown Rambo?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
mmorgan11
Plasticator

Blown Rambo?

Post by mmorgan11 »

Long story short, my layer fan wires came into contact with the hot end, melted and shorted out across the hot end. The fan fuse (F3) blew, and I've replaced that. Now the temperatures for the bed and hot end read about 40C, but the room temperature is only 20 or less. When the temperature sensors are unplugged, it has little to no effect on the temperatures (usually they'd go to zero?). I've tried resetting the EEPROM without any luck. Any other ideas Or do I need to get a new Rambo?

Thanks
hectori
Prints-a-lot

Re: Blown Rambo?

Post by hectori »

if you need a new card I recommend a 32bit U $ 17 (pins_BIQU_SKR_V1.1).
if you want I send you my configuration (rostock max V2 marlin)
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/BIGTREET ... Title=true
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Ugh, no. If your RAMBo is toast, you can get it repaired by Ultimachine. Don't waste your money on a smoothie board (or even worse, a cheap chinese clone.)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Can you check with a 100k resistor and a lower value one as well? I can also potentially send you one that is working (it boots, and is stable), but had an issue with the reset switch having died causing it to boot-loop, and it got replaced with a Duet before I had time to troubleshoot it. I wouldn't ask full price, but I second the recommendation to not buy a smoothieboard at this time (as of 3 days ago, they are still optimistic that V2 comes along soon), and especially not a clone that doesn't contribute to the development of the firmware or hardware.

My preference would be to help you troubleshoot the issue, and potentially check the values you get against my hardware.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
mmorgan11
Plasticator

Post by mmorgan11 »

Thanks for the advice and help!

Ultimachine offered to diagnose and fix the problem as long as I send it to them, so I'm going to go down that road. Also Matterhackers is nearby, so I may be able to pick up a new one...pricey, but I need to make some things for work.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

If it ends up being a replace the board situation, I would really recommend one of the Duet boards (and could potentially help with the configuration for it)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
rootboy
Printmaster!

Post by rootboy »

Same here about the Smoothie and the Duet. Smoothieboard seems stuck in vaporware land at the moment, and I had one and it quickly failed on me. One of the things that really didn't make sense was the pin layout for the display.

I went to the Duet, and actually had the same short as you did, except that there was no damage at all to my board. The Duet has been rock-solid.

I would recommend the Maestro rather than the full-fledged Duet to save a bit of money.

Return to “Troubleshooting”