EZR Struder clicking

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
notepro
Noob

EZR Struder clicking

Post by notepro »

I am using the EZR struder on my Ender 2 but I cannot get it to stop randomly clicking. I have done a bunch of troubleshooting to try and fix it listed below:

1) Tried switching to Capricorn tubing
2) Tried switching back to stock Bowden tubing
3) Thoroughly cleaned hotend and replaced nozzle several times
4) Tried increasing voltage by 25% (per support email)
5) Moved filament spool holder to the side so filament is fed straight into the extruder (not above where the spool holder is mounted by default)

Even when the nozzle is raised (not even close to bed), and I extrude I get random clicking for extruder (which tells me that it has nothing to do with nozzle being too close to bed.) I am currently only printing PLA and use 210 as my printing temp. I am using this same extruder on my CR10 and have had zero problems. Please help as I am out of ideas. Thank you in advance.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: EZR Struder clicking

Post by Mac The Knife »

I assume you re-used the stepper motors from the printers, for the new extruders. With both printers in the same room, I would compare the extruder motor temperature on each one,,,,, if the one that is skipping is cooler than the other one, I'd bump up the current some more.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
notepro
Noob

Post by notepro »

Yes, I reused the stepper motor when I installed the ezr struder.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The clicking you're hearing is due to the EZR being unable to feed filament as fast as it's being asked to. Try slowing the print or increasing the temperature. Note that switching to Capricorn is going to /increase/ the force the EZR has to exert if your filament is out of spec. That tubing has a smaller inner diameter than the stock PTFE bowden tubes that are commonly used.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “Troubleshooting”