Wiring issue

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
maverick
Plasticator

Wiring issue

Post by maverick »

I have an Artemis 300, the brown wire that goes into the hot end board seems to have snapped (see image) what are my options for fixing this.
Attachments
brownwirecut.jpg
rootboy
Printmaster!

Re: Wiring issue

Post by rootboy »

How did it break? Did it just stop working, and you found the break by pulling on it? If so, then its neighbors are probably getting close to breaking and you should replace all of the wires in that part of the harness.

Regardless, if it were mine I would see about buying a new connector with "pig-tailed" wires, and cut back the wires in the loom and splice all of them there.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Wiring issue

Post by geneb »

Since those wires don't typically get stressed, the other wires are most likely just fine. Replacing them all is insane overkill.

Did you get a little baggie of tiny crimp connectors with your Artemis? if so, you've got what you need to replace that wire.

The face of the connector opposite the locking tab has a tiny hole over each connector. In the hole you'll see a little metal tab. That tab holds the crimp connector in place. You can push a small pin into that hole and gently pull it out by tugging on the bad wire.

You can then solder a short length of wire to the 'good' end in the harness, crimp on a new connector (this can be done without a crimp tool by using small needle nose pliers and a pair of eyeballs that are much better than mine. :D ) and then insert the crimped connector back into the connector shell.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “Troubleshooting”