Artemis 300 won't connect on WiFi

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
BigDaddyEureka
Plasticator

Artemis 300 won't connect on WiFi

Post by BigDaddyEureka »

I recently changed routers and while the new router uses the same SSID and password as the old one, my Artemis 300 can't seem to join the network (even though all the other wifi devices made the switch with no attention required).

To try to clear it up I executed the following commands from the Console on the touch screen:

M552 S0
M558 "8"
M587 S"123Office" P"Printfarm"
M552 S1

...but no change. I sent a request via the Technical Support, but didn't get a reply beyond "try our forum!"

Anyone got an idea?
BigDaddyEureka
Plasticator

Re: Artemis 300 won't connect on WiFi

Post by BigDaddyEureka »

Found the problem, that was EXACTLY the correct command but the Duet never got it.

Here's why....the PanelDue was not talking to the Duet board. The "Connecting" in the upper right hand corner does NOT refer to the WiFi, it refers to the internal connection between the panel and the control board.

Changing the baud rate to 57600 re-established the connection between the panel and the display and suddenly all the commands buffered in the panel filtered down into the Duet and executed them...putting the machine back on WiFi

SO - on the next machine, someone should get on that "Connecting" thing and make sure to clarify whether that's an internal connection or the external connection!

Even better...put a @$%& WPS button on the front panel and wire it into the Duet I/O so that WiFi setup becomes a 1 button affair! :mrgreen:

Return to “Troubleshooting”