Not recognizing sd card?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Not recognizing sd card?

Post by CJGerard »

Ok im trying to print off my sd card for the first time and i cant seem to do it. I sliced the file i wanted and saved it to the card in repeter as a gcode file. But when i try to put it in the printer, the printer doesn't even see the card. Basically i have no options i cant select a file ect. I know the file is saved on the card because i can pull it out and check it on my pc but that's about it.
Boss 1 - "I'm tiered of arguing with you! You come up with the MOST Stupid-Outlandish-Impossible way to do something & then you walk out into the shop and DO IT and IT WORKS. Its no fun anymore."
Boss 2 - "Huh? Chris is a Ninja?"
cope413
Printmaster!

Re: Not recognizing sd card?

Post by cope413 »

unless you have the most recent repetier version (within the last month or so), then you have to name your file properly in order for the file to show up.

rename the file to something in all capital letters, no more than 7 letters long, and remove the ".gcode" from it. For example, if your print file is called test.gcode - rename it to TEST. It should show up then.
Fellow Philosophy majors unite!

"The proverbial achilles heel of property monistic epiphenomenalism is the apparent impossibility of ex-nihilo materialization of non-structural and qualitatively new causal powers."
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

I named it SNOW and it saved it as a .gco and a .gcode file, so its SNOW.gco and SNOW.gcode. and it still doesn't see it. I read somewhere that an icon should pop up when i install the card and i have no icon either. I tried moving the little knob thingy but all i get is the same screens.
Boss 1 - "I'm tiered of arguing with you! You come up with the MOST Stupid-Outlandish-Impossible way to do something & then you walk out into the shop and DO IT and IT WORKS. Its no fun anymore."
cope413
Printmaster!

Post by cope413 »

right, you have to remove the .gco or .gcode....

the whole file name should be SNOW - no extension on it.

Then you put the card in your printer, click "SD Card" in rephost, or select SD Card from the LCD screen...

In Rephost you click SD Card -> Mount SD Card -> Select your file and hit print

From the LCD -> SD Card -> Mount Card -> Print File -> select your file

"The proverbial achilles heel of property monistic epiphenomenalism is the apparent impossibility of ex-nihilo materialization of non-structural and qualitatively new causal powers."
cope413
Printmaster!

Post by cope413 »

Just so it's clear... generate the gcode - so SNOW.gcode. Then go to the file on your card, right click it, rename it to SNOW . Delete the extension - windows will tell you that it could make the file unstable, but do it anyway. Then put it in your printer.

CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

I can select and run the file from rephost and run it from there. But i have no sd card option on the lcd screen.

As a side note the printer runs alot better running from the sd card, i cant believe its the same printer.
cope413
Printmaster!

Post by cope413 »

You have no sd card option? What options do you have?

CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

On the printer, I have these 3 screens and that's it.
Attachments
DSC01280.JPG
DSC01281.JPG
DSC01282.JPG
Toyguy
Printmaster!

Post by Toyguy »

You're pushing the knob while the printer is idle to bring up the menu, right?
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

I didn't know you could push the knob, lmao. Ok, as soon as this print is done, I'll take the black knob off and see if i can push it.
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

Who in the hell makes a Knob a Button!!!! My whole world has now turned upside down. Now everytime i see a knob im gonna have to push it to see if it is button also, just to see what it does! Just think of all the knobs ive twisted throughout my whole life and i could have pushed them and they would have done something different. I was in the NAVY on a ship surrounded by miles and miles of knobs, and never once did did i think they could have been buttons also, so i never pushed them. (now not only do i feel stupid, but very very sad, just thinking about all those buttons i could have pressed)

Thank You Toyguy you have just blown my mind...
cope413
Printmaster!

Post by cope413 »

Haha. It took me a couple weeks to figure that out when I got my machine too. Push away

CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

LOL, Well now someone can at least search the forum and avoid embarrassing themselves they way i just did.

Thanks for helping cope413, if i knew that the knob was a button i probably never would have learned to print off an sd card through repeater-host. The printer really does run alot better printing from an sd card. I'm glad i learned to do it.
Toyguy
Printmaster!

Post by Toyguy »

Darn it, now you've got me wondering about all those USAF cockpit buttons that I never pushed :)

Anyway, glad I could be of help and glad you're up and running! It looks like printing off the SD is a great way to avoid some of the communication issues with the USB too. I had a print fail yesterday when it hung with 4 layers to go, but it printed just fine off the card.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

You guys might want to check out the Orion manual. I go into how to use the LCD for printing from the SD card and there's a good Rephost tutorial in there too.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

geneb wrote:You guys might want to check out the Orion manual. I go into how to use the LCD for printing from the SD card and there's a good Rephost tutorial in there too.

g.
You might want to copy those to the Rmax assembly manual. I didn't know the knob was a button either but I'm not going to admit it.
Oh, wait! I just admitted it! My brain is being destroyed! Gotta quit reading these things! :roll:
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

When I get the chance, I'm going to copy the Rephost write-up from the Orion docs to an Appendix in the Rostock MAX build manual.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

Isn't funny how all the ORION owners were told, but not us poor old RS-Max owners? lmao

This should also help: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:194457/#files" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:194457/#files
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:194457/#files
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

CJGerard wrote:Isn't funny how all the ORION owners were told, but not us poor old RS-Max owners? lmao

This should also help: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:194457/#files" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now I'm LMAO. That knob made me almost fall out of my chair! Thanks for finding and sending that.
I'm printing that sucker out and using it, it's worth it just for the funny factor.
CJGerard, you made my day.

Return to “Troubleshooting”