Home Towers works, then SLAMS into bed.

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
geolupulus
Printmaster!

Home Towers works, then SLAMS into bed.

Post by geolupulus »

So I have a Rostock V2 that when I hit home towers on the LCD, it obliges, and the 3 cheapskates go to the end-stops. It waits a second, making you think "Oh, good. Everything's fine." Then it almost full-speed drops to the build plate and slams the hot end into the glass plate. :o I can only attribute it to the printer not being happy with me for some reason. It seems a sort of spiteful action. Anyway, anyone else experience this? How do I make it stop?!

Cheers
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Re: Home Towers works, then SLAMS into bed.

Post by mlapaglia »

Have you calibrated it yet? Have you moved anything on it since you calibrated yet?
geolupulus
Printmaster!

Post by geolupulus »

Yes, I've calibrated it. This is after I've already done a print. I went to check my Z-zero and it was correct, hit home, then it goes to the top, sits there for a second, then drops like a lead weight and slams into the print bed. Then I have to hit the power switch on the printer to get the hot end off the bed.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Can you post your Configuration.h file. There is a parameter that tells the print to back off the endstops after homing. I wonder of that got set to something large enough to cause the carriages to back off all the way to the bed.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler

Return to “Troubleshooting”