Sd card, can see file, print will not start

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
hagemeyp
Prints-a-lot

Sd card, can see file, print will not start

Post by hagemeyp »

New build of a rostock max in black. It can see the Sd card, can see file, and it beeps when selected. But the print will not start. Suggestions?
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Sd card, can see file, print will not start

Post by 626Pilot »

What happens when you print from Repetier Host?
RAMTechRob
Printmaster!

Post by RAMTechRob »

Check the heat settings. Mine won't start either unless I manually preheat the hotend. Then it starts no problem.
geolupulus
Printmaster!

Post by geolupulus »

I second RAMTechRob, sometimes my bed can't get to the temp, going into the Temp settings through the LCD and turning down the temp setting to the current temp and setting it back up to the original target gets the print to start. (This is after I preheat the bed and hotend. Sometimes it just can't get the bed to 100C, it will hover around 98.4)

Late at night after a few beers I've loaded the .STL instead of gcode , when I try to print the STL the printer beeps and then just looks at me. I'm not a proud man.
hagemeyp
Prints-a-lot

Post by hagemeyp »

thanks, I will try that this evening. In addition I will completely disconnect the USB cable because I saw another thread where it was mentioned that the printing stops when the screen saver kicks in!??
hagemeyp
Prints-a-lot

Post by hagemeyp »

So I tried disconnecting the USB completely. RAMBO is powered from 110v, not USB.

-I preheat for ABS. I can read files from the SD card.
-I can execute GCODE from the SD card, like scripts to home to towers and other delta ballet style pieces.
-Everything is hot and at the expected temps, so I select a file to print "simple.g".
-Extruder drops to the bed, prints the brim, proceeds a bit more, then stops. Nothing more.[/list][/list]

one more thing, all files were sliced with Cura. However I can successfully load them into Repetier-Host and print the GCODE through that interface over USB.

Suggestions?????
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

I would believe that its the sd card itself.. if its the one that came with the machine, is it a white label that just says "high speed"... because those are crap.. lol.. if you can try a different card... class 4 or higher, not kingston brand, but most other major brands would be fine...

Guanu
hagemeyp
Prints-a-lot

Post by hagemeyp »

thanks- just ordered a class 10.
hagemeyp
Prints-a-lot

Post by hagemeyp »

Bought this one, same problem. I preheat for abs. Then one it's heated, I insert card and select a small file. Print starts, but stops before the brim is even finished. Slicing is done with cura.

More suggestions?
Attachments
image.jpg
hagemeyp
Prints-a-lot

Post by hagemeyp »

Last night I pulled off the front cover, stretched out the ribbons. Printed directly from the sd card without issues. Guess it needs the ferrite cores!

Return to “Troubleshooting”