Belt tightening on my Orion Delta.

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Cephalochad
Noob

Belt tightening on my Orion Delta.

Post by Cephalochad »

The belt on my front right arm arrived really loose. Must have been the result of shipment being dropped. How do i tighten it so the cheapskate doesn't wobble.
Thank you in advance for your help
Chad
richardphat
Prints-a-lot

Re: Belt tightening on my Orion Delta.

Post by richardphat »

Here is what I used for my rostock though.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:19892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It worked on my rostock V2. I attached right under the carriage, so it has plenty of room without interfering with the base. I don<t have the orion, so I don't know exactly how it is made. Check if there's some screw on top that let's you to tighten the belt by pushing them upward.
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

I used the these adjuster on my RMV2.

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if they will fit the V1 but they work quite well for me.
Attachments
IMG_20140527_203222_192%20(Medium).jpg
IMG_20140527_203222_192%20(Medium).jpg (22.24 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
IMG_20140527_203106_291%20(Medium).jpg
IMG_20140527_203106_291%20(Medium).jpg (23.72 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

Cephalochad wrote:The belt on my front right arm arrived really loose. Must have been the result of shipment being dropped. How do i tighten it so the cheapskate doesn't wobble.
Thank you in advance for your help
Chad
is it the belt thats loose or the cheeapskate? if its the belt, at the top of the tower you want to remove the blue acrylic cover, then loosen the nut on the idler, and while lifting the idler to tension the belt, re-tighten... thats why the holes for the idler are slotted.

If it is the cheapskate thats loose, then on the side of the cheapskate at the bearings, one side will use black spacers, the other side will be grey.. the grey ones are cams, and they have a nub on them that should be close to pointing up.. you need a wrench of pliers to get in there and rotate them, with the nub on the top, if you rotate it towards the outside of the cheapskate, this will tighten the bearings... you want it tight to the point where the cheapskate does not wobble, but not too tight the bearing is pushing on the extrusion hard... basically you want to be able to squeeze the bearing and still slide it along the extrusion... once you have it good, make sure the screw through thoes bearings that hold the cheapskate together are tight.. they could have loosened and that would cause the cams to loosen..

Guanu

Return to “Troubleshooting”