Cannot remove bowden from PTF connector

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Cannot remove bowden from PTF connector

Post by BenTheRighteous »

I'm trying to swap my stock hotend for an e3d, but I want to reuse my old bowden tube. However no matter what I try, I cannot unseat it from the PTF connector (either the hotend side or ezstruder side).

I've got channel locks that I'm using to compress the grey collar, and pliers that I'm using to try and grip the bowden with, but it holds fast. I've tried compressing and pushing, pushing and compressing, compressing and jiggling... nothing. Might as well be superglued.

The only advice I found was in this thread ( http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2569" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) that said to push the bowden all the way first to relieve tension, then compress the collar, then pull - but that didn't help.

I don't want to cut this thing off, but I'm starting to think I have to. I've already damaged the bowden a little with the pliers. Any advice?
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
precisionpete
Printmaster!

Re: Cannot remove bowden from PTF connector

Post by precisionpete »

What your doing is push the collar and keep it held in while removing the tube is correct.
You shouldn't need pliers or any tools, just a guess but this is the problem.
Just use fingers to remove this, should be stuck. Only thing I can think of is you have melted this with the original hot end but kinda unlikely.

Instead of making yourself crazy step back and buy another tube, then the old one will come right out :)
You will then have an extra tube for the next machine!
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

The little fingers dig into the soft tube. I had a hard time with mine yesterday, I unscrewed it from the hot end, pushed the tube and collar in then pulled really hard. It came out
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

I wound up just giving up and cutting the stupid thing off. I tried hands, I tried tools, I tried it both in and out of the hotend... no success.

The e3d has a MUCH nicer push fit connector. That one actually lets go when it's supposed to.
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

I end up unscrewing the connector, never can get it out.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Troubleshooting”