Will this PSU unit work on Rostock Max V2?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
richardphat
Prints-a-lot

Will this PSU unit work on Rostock Max V2?

Post by richardphat »

Greetings, I just want to make sure if this power supply will work for my rostock V2 with onyx bed 12V? The one by default has wear out and can no longer provide enough juice.

http://www.voxelfactory.com/collections ... c-110-220v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is a 29amps PSU rated, okay let's say 27 due to control quality issue. I trust this brand though.

That being said, I am currently unable to purchase desktop power supply for personal reason. And there's a store selling printer kit next to the subway. I don't mind if there's wire comming out of the printer, nor making my own custom on/off switch.

Edit:
Here's the spec
1 hotend using 40W cartridge
1 heatbend using 12V
1 active cooling fan
1 for the barrel tube
Last edited by richardphat on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdurand
Printmaster!

Re: Will this PSU unit work on Rostock Max V2?

Post by jdurand »

Should work fine for one hot end, may also work fine for two depending on how close to reality their spec. is.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Ibid.)
richardphat
Prints-a-lot

Re: Will this PSU unit work on Rostock Max V2?

Post by richardphat »

Here is the spec according to Meanwell, oh and I do have only one hotend. Using the standard 40W cartridge. It seems I have the option to adjust the voltage from 10 to 13.

http://www.meanwell.com/search/s-350/s-350-spec.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: I forgot to thank you for your quick reply ;)

Return to “Troubleshooting”