A Tale of Two Problems

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Cale
Printmaster!

A Tale of Two Problems

Post by Cale »

I'm having two problems with my Rostock MAX v2.My first problem is about y-axis.I have recently re-tightened all the cheapskate motion carriages .Now the y-axis is making weird noises when it goes up.My dad is guessing the belt teeth are skipping,but I'm not sure if that is what is going on.My second problem is about leveling.I've always had trouble leveling my printer.When I am able to level it somehow,my printer can only print small objects,but I want to print large objects!!I've been trying both the recommended way to level and the Mattercontrol way,but both haven't leveled out my print-bed.And then there are times when I think it is level,but then the hot-end is too close to the print-bed.Am I doing something wrong in leveling?I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Cale
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: A Tale of Two Problems

Post by bubbasnow »

i would work on a single problem at a time, if your tower is having issues you will never get a level surface. watch the youtube videos for cheapskate installation without belts.
teri1337
Prints-a-lot

Post by teri1337 »

Have you adjusted for virtual bed shape? Once you have adjusted the endstop switches so that the z-zero height is similar near all three tower locations, if you find the z-zero height at the center of the bed is too high or too low, adjust the EEPROM "Horizontal Radius" setting. This value determines the virtual "flatness" of the mathematical bed motion, adjusting from slightly concave to slightly convex. Details on how to adjust this setting are in the manual (around page 240). Good luck! :)
Cale
Printmaster!

Post by Cale »

Thanks guys for the help!To answer Terri1337's question,I do know how to use the horizontal radius setting,but I tend to not use it too much : :roll: (mostly because it is so hard to get the exact number,but I will try harder to use it).As for the y-axis I'm still not sure,but I don't think it is affecting my leveling.Still need help with the y-axis problem.

Cale
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

you should try to get a video of the problem
Cale
Printmaster!

Post by Cale »

Just noticed something weird during leveling.Every time I change the horizontal radius,it doesn't affect the horizontal radius :o . Does anyone know what is causing this??

Cale
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

If you are looking for a change at the center of the bed, you won't see it there after changing horizontal radius, you will find the change at the outer perimeter of the bed.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Cale
Printmaster!

Post by Cale »

What I am saying is that,I do notice the edges changing and they are not changing right now.

Cale

Return to “Troubleshooting”