Lost all control over Max V2

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
redtank
Printmaster!

Lost all control over Max V2

Post by redtank »

Okay, so I really messed this one up, hopefully there is a fix, that doesn't mean having to replace the Rambo. I was busy trying to calibrate the towers to build plate and workout issues with Horizontal Radius thing. So all was good, done and then while in the "Calibrate Z Height part of the LCD menu, I pressed "Home Towers".... that was a big mistake cause it caused the hot end to collide with the build plate, but didn't break the glass. After that action, I could no longer do much with the controls as trying to do a G28 has no affect in the terminal screen and trying to do a "Home All" results in the printer head drops about 3/4" and stops.... I'm stumped on how to deal with this issue, of course I've rebooted and tried several times to get things back to normal, but no way......

Thanks,
Cris
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Re: Lost all control over Max V2

Post by mlapaglia »

Did you try restarting the printer? Disconnect both power and USB.
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

Check to see if you have accidently set z zero at the top or near the top of the towers.
Cale
Printmaster!

Post by Cale »

I don't know what causes this problem,but I do know how to fix it hopefully( it seems to work for me).You know how you upload the firmware to the RAMBO?Well you simply use EEPROM_clear first then you upload the firmware again.Hopefully this helps you solve your problem.

Cale
redtank
Printmaster!

Post by redtank »

Thank you all for the reply's. I did the reboot thing disconnect/reconnect, etc.. Guess I'll try clearing the eeprom and reloading, fortunately I wrote down my horizontal radius setting.

Cris
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

something to check... if the print head tries to home down, load your eeprom, and look for max z length. If max z length is a negitive number or 0, you want to change it to a positive like 200.... then hit home, it will home normally, then you can calibrate your z properly.. the most common thing that causes this is if when doing z calibration, you hit set z=0.00 on the lcd after homing instead of z position to move the head down.. sometimes the knob can be a little touchy and go down to set z=0.00 when you are trying to click on z position...

Guanu
redtank
Printmaster!

Post by redtank »

Guanu,
That sort of describes what it was doing. I thought I fried some of the electronics :oops:

Cris

Return to “Troubleshooting”