PRINTER STOPS MID-PRINT

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
galesc
Prints-a-lot

PRINTER STOPS MID-PRINT

Post by galesc »

So I have a rebuilt Rostock V2 conversion from a V1. I have been using the Matter Control Touch mostly and have had issues finishing prints. Part of the problem was the Matter Control Touch printing long prints. But I have been working with Matter Hackers on that; (separate issue) but that has been fixed after several software updates.

However I am still having issues finishing prints. I tried running the printer form my MC Touch and MC on the laptop. Both have failed prints. I think the problem is that I am losing connection from the MC to the printer. I can replicate the issue by removing the USB cord and then connecting it again. I tried different USB cords but had the same issue.

Could I have an issue with the Rambo Board? I must reveal that the printer I rebuilt was originally in a room that was damaged in a tornado and the printer got beat up and wet. I really don't want to just replace the board to see if it works better.

Is this a common problem? Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the issue? I tried cleaning the contacts with electrical cleaner but it still has issues.

Thanks!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: PRINTER STOPS MID-PRINT

Post by Eaglezsoar »

We need more information such as the version of the Rambo card, the version of Repetier you have on the Rambo.
Please supply that info and we can probably help you.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Computer or tablet going to sleep??

Try the sd card if you have one. That will enabpe you to distinguish between compuer problem and rambo problem.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
galesc
Prints-a-lot

Post by galesc »

So I have a Rambo Board Version 1.1b and I am running Repetier 0.91.

I tried running a print from the flash drive and it completed just fine. I am sure that the tablet or computer are not going to sleep. Also, I just got done running the same print on Repetier Host and it also finished just fine. It is only a sample of 1, so it's hard to say that Repetier Host works and MatterControl doesn't. But that is what I have so far.

Could something with my configuration be not working with MatterControl?

Thanks for the help!
galesc
Prints-a-lot

Post by galesc »

Any ideas on this? Should I update my Repetier version? I've printed 3 of the same prints successfully with Repetier Host.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

galesc wrote:Any ideas on this? Should I update my Repetier version? I've printed 3 of the same prints successfully with Repetier Host.
If the computer runs with Repetier Host with no problems then that is what I would use. Matter control is great also but if it does not run on your computer
because you experience stops mid-print stops then I certainly would not run it. After using Repetier Host and completing great prints for a while, you may
want to troubleshoot why Matter control does not run correctly. Usually the cause is having something running in the background that interferes with Matter Control.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

It does look like a connection/usb/port related thing. Did you try with another USB cable?
I did have the same issue some time ago. A gold plated belkin cable fixed it for me (was using a cheap 16 feet one).
Martín S.
galesc
Prints-a-lot

Post by galesc »

I tried other cables with the same results.

Return to “Troubleshooting”