Can't get holes right

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
RAMTechRob
Printmaster!

Can't get holes right

Post by RAMTechRob »

Alright folks, I have been printing with my Delta Orion for about a year now and love the machine. I just can never get holes to close up if they are on the bed. The first layer just never seems to make a decent hole. I have been cheating by desiging my stuff without hols on the glass side.

I am trying to make a blood sugar monitor for one of my friends, and can;t get it right. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:771344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The 5 bottom holes are the problem as seen here:

[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18 ... 50541e.jpg[/img]

Any suggestions for me? Or any experts that can send me a .gco file?
RAMTechRob
Printmaster!

Re: Can't get holes right

Post by RAMTechRob »

Man, the iphone 6 has a great camera. By eye, it seems the lines are tight and connected. By the picture though, they are spread apart pretty far.

Too close to the bed or too far? Not enough filament, etc?
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

Yes, looks like probably some significant underextrusion. I'd also be suspicious of overretraction, so the extrudates aren't full thickness immediately.

What slicer are you using? Looks like no overlap between perimeters and infill. Do you have a nonzero value for pressure advance?
MrJoe
Printmaster!

Post by MrJoe »

It will also help to level the bed. The extruded "lines" are touching towards the top of the picture and much further apart at the bottom.
RAMTechRob
Printmaster!

Post by RAMTechRob »

Repetier slicer. I don't think I can change any overlap settings.

I will level the bed tonight and maybe change the filament thickness to 1.72 to see if that pushes more filament?

Return to “Troubleshooting”