Nylon/Trimmer Line Help

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
TFMike
Printmaster!

Nylon/Trimmer Line Help

Post by TFMike »

Hi guys, I have a weird problem here, I have constructed a dry box with a long teflon/ptfe tube on it to take the 1.65 nylon trimmer line I want to print with up to the extruder motor on my rostock v2. When I tyr to print with this setup though I get massive filament starvation. Could it be that the tube I bought is poor quality and not really made of teflon or could it be due to something else?

Durandal has a similar setup to what I do but he doesn´t seem to be having the problems I have, see: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 025#p68025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

It was actually printing better for me BEFORE I got the long bowden tube in the mail.

Any thoughts?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Nylon/Trimmer Line Help

Post by Eaglezsoar »

TFMike wrote:Hi guys, I have a weird problem here, I have constructed a dry box with a long teflon/ptfe tube on it to take the 1.65 nylon trimmer line I want to print with up to the extruder motor on my rostock v2. When I tyr to print with this setup though I get massive filament starvation. Could it be that the tube I bought is poor quality and not really made of teflon or could it be due to something else?

Durandal has a similar setup to what I do but he doesn´t seem to be having the problems I have, see: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 025#p68025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

It was actually printing better for me BEFORE I got the long bowden tube in the mail.

Any thoughts?
How does the external tube compare to the Bowden tube inside the printer? They should appear identical.
It is very possible that you did not receive the PTFE version of tube and someone substituted vinyl or silicon.
If you have no tight radius on the outside tubing and if it is PTFE then it should work.

Return to “Troubleshooting”