ABS print doesn't stick after PEEK fan installation [SOLVED]

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
rhoded
Prints-a-lot

ABS print doesn't stick after PEEK fan installation [SOLVED]

Post by rhoded »

Hello again forum,

You guys are great, which is why I keep coming back for help. I printed a calibration box and the PEEK fan housing without any real problems (just a little bit of over-extrusion). After installing the PEEK fan, it runs and I can feel air blowing past the end; however, I cannot get a print to stick now. I did a PID auto-tune after installing the PEEK and again after my last two failed prints. The latest one, after the second PID auto-tune, was the worst yet. I am using Elmer's Disappearing Purple glue stick for adherence to the bed. I know there are some basic things that I should check but I'm posting here because perhaps someone had a similar experience and knows what went wrong.

In addition to the above, at one point, I tried to fix the over-extruding, backing off the steps/MM by 0.4 but as prints didn't work, I put it back to what it was (92.4). Also, I've been printing at the standard 228°C hot end and 80°C bed temperatures. Just as a reference, without the PEEK fan, the first print was almost impossible to remove from the bed, now I can't get them to stick! Thanks for any and all help.
Last edited by rhoded on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TFMike
Printmaster!

Re: ABS print doesn't stick after PEEK fan installation

Post by TFMike »

Can you get a picture of your first layer?
rhoded
Prints-a-lot

Re: ABS print doesn't stick after PEEK fan installation

Post by rhoded »

Alright, I had to do an entire recalibration. I guess that because I attached the PEEK fan, I must have moved things around. After the recalibration, my print was great. Thanks for your help.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: ABS print doesn't stick after PEEK fan installation [SOL

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Hey rhoded, glad you got it fixed and you can always contact us with questions that's what we are here for.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “Troubleshooting”