Spec sheet for Rostock Max?

Here's where you can find the official (and unofficial too) things like assembly instructions etc...
bot
Printmaster!

Spec sheet for Rostock Max?

Post by bot »

Hey everyone,

Is there a spec sheet for the rostock? One that details default (calculated, not calibrated) values for steps_per_mm and the horizotnal radius and the like?

In particular I'm looking to find out if the default 92.4 steps_per_mm for the ezstruder is the actual calculated value, or what someone has determined feels right.
*not actually a robot
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Spec sheet for Rostock Max?

Post by geneb »

It's a default STARTING value.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

But is it the calculated value? I want to know the hypothetical value based on the drive gear's (average?) diameter.
*not actually a robot
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

From a total n00b's perspective, I'm confused as to why it might NOT be a calculated value? It would seem that we know how many steps for a full rotation of the stepper motor, and we know the exact circumference of the ezstruder gear, right? Why can we not just divide the one by the other?
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Because the teeth of the hobbed gear cut in to the filament which has a mathematical equivalent of reducing the diameter of the extruder gear.

This also depends on the softness of the filament as well as day of manufacture (how sharp was the tap used to cut the gear etc...)
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Exactly. I know why we need a differen value, I'm just curious as to the hypothetical calculated value.
*not actually a robot

Return to “Rostock MAX Official Docs”