H-1.1 input

Here's where you can find the official (and unofficial too) things like assembly instructions etc...
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

H-1.1 input

Post by mhackney »

My H 1-1 arrived a few days ago so I am ready to write the new manual. If anyone has forged ahead and has any hints, tips, etc please post here for consideration to be used in the manual.

My machine is yellow, very sharp looking!

Cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
stienman
Printmaster!

Re: H-1.1 input

Post by stienman »

I really could have used a parts list with images of each part.

Also, it's probably a lot more work, but consider how Lego and Ikea manuals are written. Each step has a box showing the parts and quantity of each part needed for that step, then an image of how those parts add to the current subassembly.

The current H1 manual suffers from an imbalance of too much text and too few images, so while you might not have the time or inclination to go to the extreme of the Lego or Ikea examples with all images and no text, consider at least adding significantly more imagery to the manual.
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

A section on mounting options/requirements for the heat bed.
stienman
Printmaster!

Post by stienman »

Also would like a section on mounting the endstops. Mine are currently attached with doubles sided foam tape, which I'll eventually replace with printed brackets of some sort, but it would have saved time to have suggestions for mounting and location.
3DFrost
Plasticator

Post by 3DFrost »

Just finished my H-1.1 a few days ago, seemed pretty straightforward if you keep in mind the idea of same thing with few parts.
The one tip I thought of (not sure if others have also found this) is that depth of the black feet of the printer is almost exactly
the same as the distance needed for the small bearings, used in the baring assemblies, to be pushed onto their respective black
rods. Because of this you can take one of the feet, put a bearing, and then a plastic black rod on top of each other, on the
foot, and simply squeeze it all together using a vice, making those bearing assemblies much less time consuming.
darus67
Prints-a-lot

Post by darus67 »

I recently assembled my H1.1 and I will add another vote for more pictures.
andematt
Plasticator

Post by andematt »

stienman wrote:Also would like a section on mounting the endstops. Mine are currently attached with doubles sided foam tape, which I'll eventually replace with printed brackets of some sort, but it would have saved time to have suggestions for mounting and location.
I drilled 5/64" holes in the "bar clamps" and fastened the mechanical switches with #4 wood screws. Nice and solid. I used one of the extra bar clamps for mounting the z-axis switch this way as well.

Return to “Rostock MAX Official Docs”