Design documents available?

Here's where you can find the official (and unofficial too) things like assembly instructions etc...
dmpalmer
Printmaster!

Design documents available?

Post by dmpalmer »

Are any of the design documents available for the H-1.1 plastics?

Specifically, I want to make a couple of add-ons for the extruder sled, and would like to use the as-designed shapes as negative space so that things fit nicely and firmly.

(One of the add-ons I want to make is a combination ducted-fan mount/belt clamp/sides clamp to solve the following problems: hot-end jamming when using PLA; difficultiy in adjusting belt tension; the belt tension pulls apart the halves of the sled.

The other add-on I want to make is a Z-probe for digitizing objects. A good form-fitting mate to the sled will greatly increase the accuracy compared to 'just clamp it on somehow'.)
Fiero2M6
Printmaster!

Re: Design documents available?

Post by Fiero2M6 »

I think everything you need is on SeeMeCNC's server: http://seemecnc.org/download/
dmpalmer
Printmaster!

Post by dmpalmer »

The document '71624FORSTL3DPRINTINGRIGHTXBearingBlock_fixed.stl' is similar to the injection-molded piece, but not identical. It looks like it would be perfectly fine to print a replacement part, but the differences can cause a problem for what I am trying to do.

(I am using openSCAD and want to make a mounting plate that fits right into all the nooks and crannies of the bearing block using the difference operator. There is at least one significant cranny discrepancy that will make the mounting plate not fit between the central slot and the bushing hole.)
Prober
Plasticator

Post by Prober »

dmpalmer wrote:The document '71624FORSTL3DPRINTINGRIGHTXBearingBlock_fixed.stl' is similar to the injection-molded piece, but not identical. It looks like it would be perfectly fine to print a replacement part, but the differences can cause a problem for what I am trying to do.

(I am using openSCAD and want to make a mounting plate that fits right into all the nooks and crannies of the bearing block using the difference operator. There is at least one significant cranny discrepancy that will make the mounting plate not fit between the central slot and the bushing hole.)

I did a quick SeeMeCnc search and found a few designs you might rework for you needs.

http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=seemecnc&sa=Search
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

Look in on our seemecnc.org/download again under the H1_1. I put IGES, SAT, and STL of molded part there. There shouldn't be too much difference. I just changed basics that would make the part print well.
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996

Return to “Rostock MAX Official Docs”