Articulating nozzle for blower fan

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
Tinyhead
Printmaster!

Articulating nozzle for blower fan

Post by Tinyhead »

I kept having issues finding a fan that would attach at just the right height from changing hot ends. I would have the stock hot end, then use a different PEEK fan set up which would change the nozzle height, or I'd mount it on top of the effector or underneath if need be. Then I got an E3D and then the process would start over again. I could never seem to find a proper parts fan set up. I finally just got tired of it and made a few arms and a nozzle for the stock 30mm blower fan. I'll throw it up here in case anybody might get any use out of it.

The holes on the arms are big enough to accommodate something larger, but I just used some 8-32s with nylock nuts. Used a 4-40 to attach to the effector. I've also put up some different lengths for the arms. The 'holes mm' in the file name just indicates the length of the arm by the centre-to-centre of the holes.

So far for me this is working out great. It's quite similar to the stock blower set up, except it should accommodate many different rigs. This way you can move and tweak it the way you want. Up, down, closer to or farther from the nozzle tip, etc. If anybody wants any changes, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
20150126_221639.jpg
20150126_225048.jpg
The fan fits in there quite snug. I should also mention that this was printed in PLA. If you do ABS, you might want to scale it up a touch to accommodate for shrinkage.
Nozzle 1.3.stl
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
Effector Attachment 1.1.stl
(94.52 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Arm 1.1 Holes 20mm CTC.stl
(143.64 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Arm 1.1 Holes 25mm CTC.stl
(143.64 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Arm 1.1 Holes 30mm CTC.stl
(143.64 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Arm 1.1 Holes 35mm CTC.stl
(143.64 KiB) Downloaded 161 times