Aluminum and carbon fiber E3d V6 mount. RELEASED!

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Re: Aluminum and carbon fiber E3d V6 mount. RELEASED!

Post by travelphotog »

Just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the great response we have had for the mounts! You guys have kept me super busy on the mills and on the anodizing line and I am grateful. I hope everyone is enjoying their mounts and we are looking forward to seeing a few pics of the mounts on your printers if anyone gets a chance to send some our way. We are working on a few new items and hope to start BETA testing some new products early in the new year. Hoping everyone has a great holiday season and once again we say THANK YOU to everyone who helped make the mounts such a huge success.

Matthew
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

travelphotog wrote:Just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the great response we have had for the mounts! You guys have kept me super busy on the mills and on the anodizing line and I am grateful. I hope everyone is enjoying their mounts and we are looking forward to seeing a few pics of the mounts on your printers if anyone gets a chance to send some our way. We are working on a few new items and hope to start BETA testing some new products early in the new year. Hoping everyone has a great holiday season and once again we say THANK YOU to everyone who helped make the mounts such a huge success.

Matthew
And I would like to thank you for making such a high quality mount available for a reasonable price. Great job!
I am looking forward to see what you are going to offer with your new products.
A great Holiday season to you also!
dbarrans
Printmaster!

Post by dbarrans »

Looking forward to getting my mount in a few days. If you haven't run across it yet, http://www.vacuumsealerbags.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a good source for less expensive bags.

- dan
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Hey Guys,

I took some time off for the holidays and also got a huge glut of carbon fiber drone frame orders in around the same time. I am working really hard to get caught up on all orders and we should have everything caught up here in a day or two. We are adding the new bigger mill very shortly. We are working today to finish up the big mill enclosure while the XC works to catch up. The new mill will add a MUCH needed new larger mill to the production abilities of 713maker.com. We just got a bit behind and had a few plates fail to chamfer correctly and this has gotten me a fair bit behind. But we are working hard today to mill new plates of mounts and get them turned around as fast as we can. The new mill will be very welcoming addition for production and should greatly reduce the issues we have at times with milling aluminum on the smaller X carve mill.. I am sorry for the delays and we should be all good in a day or two. Here is a sneak peek at the new mill enclosure to give you an idea of how large the new mill is.
The new enclosure mill is HUGE! I am 6'5" and it is taller than I am. We are excited to soon have a much larger and heavier duty mill in production.
The new enclosure mill is HUGE! I am 6'5" and it is taller than I am. We are excited to soon have a much larger and heavier duty mill in production.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

is that...shag carpet?!

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Carpet yes.. Shag.. NO way! We have it covered around the mills. Far better then milling in the garage even with the insulated doors.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

travelphotog wrote:Hey Guys,

I took some time off for the holidays and also got a huge glut of carbon fiber drone frame orders in around the same time. I am working really hard to get caught up on all orders and we should have everything caught up here in a day or two. We are adding the new bigger mill very shortly. We are working today to finish up the big mill enclosure while the XC works to catch up. The new mill will add a MUCH needed new larger mill to the production abilities of 713maker.com. We just got a bit behind and had a few plates fail to chamfer correctly and this has gotten me a fair bit behind. But we are working hard today to mill new plates of mounts and get them turned around as fast as we can. The new mill will be very welcoming addition for production and should greatly reduce the issues we have at times with milling aluminum on the smaller X carve mill.. I am sorry for the delays and we should be all good in a day or two. Here is a sneak peek at the new mill enclosure to give you an idea of how large the new mill is.
2016-01-04 23.07.15.jpg
Very nice picture of your very nice workshop!
Thanks for the picture, it's good to see what our friends on the forum look like
and you are what I had imagined in my brain. Don't get to excited, my old brain
imagines a lot of things like invisible people, little men from mars, etc.
Good job anyway!
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Thanks! I think! Michelle and I are very much real down to earth folks. Well she IS a rocket engineer though so maybe a BIT different. But we are as human as the everyone else on the board. We got the inside of the enclosure painted tonight and also found the issues that was causing the mill to destroy the mounts and causing the delays. We traced it to a small error in the Gcode for the ramping speeds when cutting deeper on a pass.. 250mm/m faster than the cutting speed was causing issues and loading up the end mills. All fixed now and a dozen beautiful mounts came off the mill tonight! Throwing them in the tumbles overnight and will be processing then tomorrow while we cut even more mounts to get ahead for a change.

We are working hard to have our orders all caught up by the Friday. We are hoping to have the new mill all dialed in by Feb 1st. We will post more pics as it comes together. Side panels, LED lighting, VFD mounting, spindle coolant system and lots more will be happening very shortly. We are excited and really looking forward to the new mill and having a huge boost in production at last.
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

First time I stumble upon this thread. I must admit that it is beautiful and would buy it in an instance if it were available locally (the Netherlands), but I am afraid that postage would cost almost the same as the part itself, as counts for a lot of other parts for sale for this machine... But nevertheless I asked for a quote via the webform on your site! ;-)

TIP:
Being so handy, a decent alu effector replacement would be easy for you to make. Witch extra room for a lowered peek fan. The standard SeeMeCNC spacers would fit, and there would be sufficient room below the effector for decent layerfanshrouts and a LED lightring.... Please! ;-)
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

You're going to have fun vacuuming swarf out of the carpet. :)

g.
Delta Power!
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Yeah that is why we lay down plywood under the mills and why the mill is fully enclosed and sealed inside the enclosure. We get a tiny bit just at the door area but that vacuums up off the wood with ease. We just have not installed the wood under the mill yet in the mill room for the new mill. Thankfully Michelle is very understanding and when we bought the house she walked into that room and said it was the mill room. I have a nice big office right next door and a big full bathroom just down the hall. The 3D printers and the computers now enjoy a nice dust free room in the office instead of sharing it with the mills like we they did in Houston. We got lucky that the guy before us had kids and built the house with them in mind, lots of big rooms and all the walls of the house are sound insulated. Once you close the door to the mill room it is ALMOST silent in the office next door and 100% silent in the master bedroom with that door open. The Tormach will live in the garage though when it arrives later this year. We have run out of room in the mill room and it will be full flood coolant, so outside it will go. We just insulated the garage and the ac/heater goes in later this summer.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Excellent. :)

g.
Delta Power!
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Hey Guys! We have a a bunch of orders going out this weekend. I think we have everything up to the 6th or so covered here and the rest will ship out midweek next week. We got the mill sorted out and fixed the issues in the Gcode that was causing mounts to fail on the mill which left us short of stock. We are milling new stock next week to fill the last orders and to get ahead once again. We saw some very beautiful color combos heading out the door this round and we are looking forward to seeing how the rest of the orders will look after anodize next week! Thanks again to everyone for their understand on the delay around the holiday. You guys have blown me away with how many orders we have gotten in such a very short time span since we opened. I hope everyone enjoys the mount and we have a time for new distance record. New Zealand is heading out the door in this set of orders! Close tie with out two Australia orders we had not too long ago. I hope everyone is enjoying their mounts and we hope to bring everyone some new items not too far down the road. Biggest issue right now is finding time on the mills to do prototyping around mount orders and carbon fiber drone frames!
Latest orders fresh out of anodize!
Latest orders fresh out of anodize!
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Did you get a 440? I want a 440. I want a 440 so badly.
*not actually a robot
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

bot wrote:Did you get a 440? I want a 440. I want a 440 so badly.
I wish it was the 440 already... But not just yet. That $7,000+ price tag is still a bit down the road this year. Right now we are at LAST bringing the custom built 21x37x8 full metal framed and full ball screw router online. Between moving and just being slammed with work, it has taken a fair amount of time to get it up and going. Should be putting the doors onto the enclosure later tonight and then we just have paint to do before we drop the mill in and start on the wiring and coolant lines and all that fun stuff. Goal is to have it up and running by the 1st of Feb. The 440 IS on the list for this year. We just picked up a big aluminum milling project which will be ongoing and will really help us save up for the 440. Things are going super well for 713maker.com and the 440 should be picked up in the later half of the year at this rate. We have been testing vacuum resin infusion of our own carbon fiber panels for in-house production and will be making all our own carbon fiber panels moving forward shortly. The drone and RC custom carbon fiber projects have REALLY surged in demand and making our own panels allows us to both produce larger panels to fit the bigger mill cheaper that ordering them in.. And it allows us to lay up a custom panel for both thickness and face material. We are using only USA sourced materials, using UV stabilized epoxy resins and post curing every panel we produce.

Once the big mill is online I can run plates with 50-100 mounts on it and 400+ spacers (on the same mill run) and this will really help us catch up and stay ahead of production. We also have a few new products that will be going out to beta testers soon (new toys!) and will be posting updates on those shortly. Trying to expand the range of hot ends the mounts work with and a few other secret little projects are in the works but not yet ready for the limelight just yet.

The new mill will allow larger projects and also more space for things like a nice vise and down the road a small rotary table. Small steps but is has grown fast and not a single thing is on a credit card or a loan. That aspect alone lets me sleep so soundly at night!
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I don't know if you've done this already (I haven't spotted it), but can you show photos of what the different adapters look like on the order page? (And no, I've still not had a chance to install the ones I bought! *laughs*)

g.
Delta Power!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

geneb wrote:I don't know if you've done this already (I haven't spotted it), but can you show photos of what the different adapters look like on the order page? (And no, I've still not had a chance to install the ones I bought! *laughs*)

g.
Lack of time is probably the number one issue. We need to 3D print a clone of ourselves, getting the brain and heart to function would be the most difficult part.
You could be a billionaire if you could pull it off - if you had the time.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

geneb wrote:I don't know if you've done this already (I haven't spotted it), but can you show photos of what the different adapters look like on the order page? (And no, I've still not had a chance to install the ones I bought! *laughs*)

g.
Hey Gene! Glad to hear you are so busy you have not had time to stop and play with the new mounts, but looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you do have the chance to install them down the road. I took a second and looked at the website to check on what you mentioned. I see we have an image of each mount and the screws and such that come with it next to each ordering button. Is that the type of thing you are looking for or do you think we need to add more images of the products? We are always open to feedback on the site and product questions.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

So after looking things over a bit more and seeing the requests from clients for jobs and such. I have decided to instead go with a PCNC 770 over the PCNC 440. We will also not be building another mill like our large custom one as we had planned.. The funds for that build will instead be moved over to the PCNC 770 fund. I am hoping within 3-5 months to have the PCNC 770 in the shop and working. That is the goal at least and at our current workload between 713maker.com projects and sports photography, it seems very doable. Wish us luck!
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

That's awesome! Good luck!
*not actually a robot
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

travelphotog wrote:

So after looking things over a bit more and seeing the requests from clients for jobs and such. I have decided to instead go with a PCNC 770 over the PCNC 440. We will also not be building another mill like our large custom one as we had planned.. The funds for that build will instead be moved over to the PCNC 770 fund. I am hoping within 3-5 months to have the PCNC 770 in the shop and working. That is the goal at least and at our current workload between 713maker.com projects and sports photography, it seems very doable. Wish us luck!
The 770 is a good machine, you might consider collecting a few more pennies and going the 1100 route. The rigidity and increased work envelop sure come in handy. Friend in Illinois has a 440 and it is a real machine as compared to mill/drill conversions but the 1100 will take bigger faster cuts and has longer travel. If you are moving up from a machine like a Taig you will be astounded.

I have had mind 3 or 4 years now and like the Rostock it has been constantly ungraded. In current dress it has an 8" tilting 4th axis, power draw bar, Automatic Tool Changer, PathPilot, Auto Lub, Tormach's full enclosure which is excellent except for the door slides (3-d printed fix for that) and best of all, a true High Speed Water Cooled Cartridge Spindle. The spindle has a max speed of 24,000 and is whisper quiet. Mine has run over 24 hours straight at 24K without a hiccup. It is a true 2HP three phase spindle (1.7kw), not a develops 2 HP brushed universal motor, with heavy bearings and an ER-20 collet nose. Unfortunately however it will not function with the ATC. Takes me about 15 minutes to drop the standard 200-5140RPM spindle cartridge and load the Hi-Speed one back in. Both spindles run off the same VFD by reconfiguring with a thumb drive. If you are cutting aluminum this is the way to go. The 770 spindle is faster than the standard 1100 but it maxes out at 10,000RM and will run a little hotter.

My machine has been eating a steady diet of Ductile Iron castings for about two years, enough castings that we are considering getting another 1100. Started out with a call from a local shop asking if we could run a couple to get them out of a bind. That was 2200 castings ago at $40ea.

I have nothing but excellent things to say about Tormach and you will love the machine whether it is a 440, 770 or 1100.

gary
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

travelphotog wrote:

g.
Hey Gene! Glad to hear you are so busy you have not had time to stop and play with the new mounts, but looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you do have the chance to install them down the road. I took a second and looked at the website to check on what you mentioned. I see we have an image of each mount and the screws and such that come with it next to each ordering button. Is that the type of thing you are looking for or do you think we need to add more images of the products? We are always open to feedback on the site and product questions.
Nevermind. I spotted what I was looking for after actually...looking. *coughs* :D Imma go back to my hole now. :)

g.
Delta Power!
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

6/24/16 UPDATE: We are proud to announce that our new CNC mill has us able to finally offer a much faster turn around time on our products. Though we now have a stated 4-6 day turn around time, most orders will ship in 2-3 days now. Our new mill is larger, faster and far easier to work with. We have and will maintain a large quantity of milled stock on hand for all of our products to drastically reduce our turn around times for orders.
Ready for wiring and controller in the big new enclosure.
Ready for wiring and controller in the big new enclosure.
The new mill all set up and ready to cut. 21x37x8 work area with full ballscrews.
The new mill all set up and ready to cut. 21x37x8 work area with full ballscrews.
We will be announcing a few new products for the Max and Orion shortly, including new full metal effector plates and a new Chimera / Cyclops mount.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

DeltaCon wrote:First time I stumble upon this thread. I must admit that it is beautiful and would buy it in an instance if it were available locally (the Netherlands), but I am afraid that postage would cost almost the same as the part itself, as counts for a lot of other parts for sale for this machine... But nevertheless I asked for a quote via the webform on your site! ;-)

TIP:
Being so handy, a decent alu effector replacement would be easy for you to make. Witch extra room for a lowered peek fan. The standard SeeMeCNC spacers would fit, and there would be sufficient room below the effector for decent layerfanshrouts and a LED lightring.... Please! ;-)

We have just finished work on our Gen 1 Metal effector plates. http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10444 is the link to the new post for them. We will have more pics shortly and units our to testers in a week or so. Is that the type of effector you were speaking of? We have them for both the old and new style of effector.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Good job travelphotog, I am looking forward to your posting of the new effectors on your site.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “What are YOU making?”