I'd vote for this guy before any of the clowns running now.

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
barry99705
Printmaster!

I'd vote for this guy before any of the clowns running now.

Post by barry99705 »

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vbUB ... 193407.jpg[/img]

It's actually for a dlp printer, or shapeways, but printed better than I thought it would! The stl is 99mb!
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Re: I'd vote for this guy before any of the clowns running now.

Post by Qdeathstar »

I'm a trump man myself. Sure he is a little rough around the edges but he is smart and can deal. He just needs to think before he talks. He's been around yes men a little too long I think. I think a little isolationalism might not such a terrible thing. Most of the things he says, ends up being supported by specific evidence.

So... hopefully he's not too racist.... we'll see.

I think trump should announce your dude as his running mate. I'd like that.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

I can imagine it now. Trump-Cthulu. Why vote for the lesser of two evils?

I reluctantly cannot find a single politician I like in this cycle. I can agree with a bit of isolationism, other than the problems we would have with returning to the Monroe doctrine at this point, what with our treaty obligations, and our general world-wide role as the policemen, not to mention all the people we've pissed off or armed sufficiently that returning to a non-involved stance would not placate or remove. I can also agree that providing we have not opened borders, that it is our choice as to how firmly we wish to enforce them, and that it can include a wall. There is also legal basis for seizing the remittance payments made across the US-mexican border, which could fund such construction, as we are in a state of war (North Korea), and for the most part states of emergency are easy to get if you want them.

I think I'll go with my conscience here, and vote 3rd party, be that libertarian or Pirate.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

The two things I like about Trump? He is not a lawyer, or a political science major.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

Too bad Trump is a dumb ass. Half the shit he's spouting on TV he will either go the other way in another interview, or isn't within the president's power in the first place.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Is he? It takes a genius to play the part of a fool. Take a look at Jerry Lewis for example.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Hey guys, I'd rather we not dive too far into politics here. It's never ended well on a forum that I've been on, and while we are all adults here (Or can fake it. I have nothing against teens, having been one myself (Depending on your definition I may still be one)), I think that it's not too helpful for us to debate it. It tends to be a very partisan topic, and since it's not at all helpful to the topic of the forums, I think the polarization and potential hurt feelings outweigh the entertainment most would get from it and would hurt the community.

With that said, If you want to make a statement, please support it. For example, Trump could step up immigration enforcement, as it is only due to an executive order that ICE is as lax as it is, ICE being a portion of the executive branch of which the president would be head. He does in fact have the authority to seize remittance payments going to mexico, there being a state of war (The fact it's with North Korea being irrelevant in the view of that legislation), and such seizures would be a substantial amount of money. So those are two of the things that it is often said (incorrectly) that are outside of presidential powers. There could be other things that he's said, some of which might be outside of presidential power (Heck, depending on the congress, and courts, presidential powers are all over the place, but have largely been expanding in the past few years, and with the presidents authority to issue directives to executive agencies, and those agency's balloning anti-terrorist powers, there is unfortunately little that could not be achieved through some convoluted path, presuming it isn't legislatively stopped). I have also heard many times that he has in fact contradicted himself. It's very possible, considering just how many things he says, and how bombastically he says everything. I have no specific examples from things he's said recently. However, if you look at much of his previous positions, including from the last time he ran for office, they are substantially different (He has stated that he is a good friend of the Clintons in the past, and they previously confirmed that) Depending on how cynical you are, he could have had a genuine change of heart, be running a false flag operation, or is just saying anything he needs to in order to get elected.

So, If you want to be taken seriously and not easily brushed off, do the homework and bring specific concrete examples. For both sides. I can agree personally that not a lawyer or PLS major is a good thing, but I'm not sure I like an MBA much better.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Forum talk is just that. I don't think it's possible to persuade anyone one way or another with random statements or even facts. Some people are die hard Democrats or Republicans and don't care about the person specifically as long as their party wins, others are just hard-headed.

As for me? It's purely personal experience and hard-headed. I joined the Military in 1996, saw the morale hit rock bottom over the next 8 years with cuts. Watched the morale climb in 2004+ with Bush as we started recruiting and gaining numbers. Now it's back down with Obama and we're getting ready to be hit again with cuts. Personnel cuts effect us directly because our deployment requirements haven't dropped, so we're forced to rotate our troops quicker for deployment fairness. (insert typical do more with less comment). This July will my 20th year in the Air Force. I'm credited with 73 TDY's & Deployments. While that doesn't seem excessive in the long run, it added up to almost 3.5 years away from my wife and kids. Seen some awesome places and absolute hellholes but that goes without saying...Anyways back on track...

I honestly don't want Hilary Clinton to sign my retirement orders. As selfish and petty as that sounds... I started my career with a Clinton in office, I really don't wont to end it with one.

As for Trump supporting then trashing the Clinton's, it seems a person will say anything to get elected. For example Obama vs Clinton 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTtizmetQMY
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

guess this should be moved to the "The Lounge" now.
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

KAS wrote:Forum talk is just that. I don't think it's possible to persuade anyone one way or another with random statements or even facts. Some people are die hard Democrats or Republicans and don't care about the person specifically as long as their party wins, others are just hard-headed.

As for me? It's purely personal experience and hard-headed. I joined the Military in 1996, saw the morale hit rock bottom over the next 8 years with cuts. Watched the morale climb in 2004+ with Bush as we started recruiting and gaining numbers. Now it's back down with Obama and we're getting ready to be hit again with cuts. Personnel cuts effect us directly because our deployment requirements haven't dropped, so we're forced to rotate our troops quicker for deployment fairness. (insert typical do more with less comment). This July will my 20th year in the Air Force. I'm credited with 73 TDY's & Deployments. While that doesn't seem excessive in the long run, it added up to almost 3.5 years away from my wife and kids. Seen some awesome places and absolute hellholes but that goes without saying...Anyways back on track...

I honestly don't want Hilary Clinton to sign my retirement orders. As selfish and petty as that sounds... I started my career with a Clinton in office, I really don't wont to end it with one.

As for Trump supporting then trashing the Clinton's, it seems a person will say anything to get elected. For example Obama vs Clinton 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTtizmetQMY
Heh, you've made it longer than me. I joined in 94, and got out in 05. Couldn't take the stupidity any more.

Return to “What are YOU making?”