Coming soon from 713Maker.com

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Re: Coming soon from 713Maker.com

Post by travelphotog »

TwoTone wrote:Just a suggestion, what ever you do for you do to make mounting your Duet, you may want to offer as an option.

Maybe I'm wrong, but anyone that's going to be spending the money on this kit, I doubt will have a stock V2 at this point.
WZ9V is correct that we currently have the mounting holes for the Duet on the on the V3 kits. I need to look at how much room is inside the V2 kit and where something can be mounted. My honest though was to echo the current setup of the RAMBo and mount the Duet in much the same fashion and have an STL for the needed parts. It has been a very long time since I tore open the base of the V2 and I have just not gotten that far yet in CAD for the Duet mounting with the stock PS system. I agree that most folks will not be stock by the time they do this upgrade, so I am kicking around how to best configure the lower plate to work with as many systems and methods as we can, without having more than one model of base plate to deal with.

One of the biggest concerns is when switching to a full metal build, is that shorts and grounding issues are the main concern and things I have to make sure are accounted for.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

There is enough room for a .8.5 at least in the V2, and I believe the wifi and Ethernet are similar in size (I'm told they do share mounting holes). If you need a V2 internal mount, try my design https://repables.com/r/760/. It's an almost exact drop in replacement. It uses two larger fans, and works with a larger aftermarket ATX supply that's about an inch and a half longer, and should work with an industrial supply as well. One suggestion is to use grilles on the back of the fans to protect them and the cabling.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Twac1 wrote:do you have any V3 kits available? would like to purchase! can I pre order?
PM sent letting you know we have a kit ready for you.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
Twac1
Printmaster!

Post by Twac1 »

I never got a PM but i sent you one. Just let me know how much and how to pay
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Twac1 wrote:I never got a PM but i sent you one. Just let me know how much and how to pay
Shoot me an email to matt(at)713maker.com and I will get you all taken care of.
We got the new correctly sized shipping boxes in and the kit in question is packed and ready to go.

We also habe a second kit if anyone is interested in a V3 frame kit.

I am facing the metal tonight for the first V2 prototype kit I hope to mill over the weekend.
Outsider
Printmaster!

Post by Outsider »

good question...... V2 ..... how much?
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

Outsider wrote:good question...... V2 ..... how much?
he's mentioned it's not done, so the price hasn't been finalized.
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Any updates?
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Well at long last I have had enough time to sit down and get some test run on the V2 metal kit parts. Things have been super busy around here which is of course both good and bad. Small adjustment have to be made to the CAD files for things like material thickness differences and the zero give in metal vs melamine. As I go along I also am looking at thing like modified top pulley tensioners and the like. Also working to ID and tap all the holes for screws. Currently the top spacer is needing a bit of extra attention, with zero give due to being made from metal, the top spacer assembly needs a creative approach and I am sure a few other things will also. But I have a enough faced metal stock on hand to make 2-3 kits, plus some extra plates of stock for test pieces on a few parts.
Some of the test parts for the V2 metal kit.
Some of the test parts for the V2 metal kit.
In other news, 713Maker is growing! We just bought a new house and sitting just behind the house is a nice new steel frame shop building with over 2000sqft of workshop space. I will also have over 1900+ sqft of office / R&D space in addition to the shop space in the finished basement. We will also have a nice pole barn for storage of the new forklift. We will start the move at the first of the year. In the mean time I will be working on the tweaks for the V2 kits and a few other items for the current line up of SeemeCNC printers.
Our new home and shop for 713Maker. We will soon have an onsite 40x50 workshop.
Our new home and shop for 713Maker. We will soon have an onsite 40x50 workshop.
This is the view inside the shop as it currently sits. This is  about half of the work shop. lots of room to grow!
This is the view inside the shop as it currently sits. This is about half of the work shop. lots of room to grow!
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

Cool! Really nice shop!
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Bah, looks like it's sold out. Can't wait!
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I sent a request in for a bed platform for my Folgertech FT-5 R2, a month ago, and haven't heard anything back.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Hey,
I launched the new web store yesterday for the entire line of products I make. Anyone can buy any of the products I mill at any point, when they are in stock. The site will not allow a sale if an item is out of stock. You can also request to be emailed by the site when an item you desire is back in stock. Moving forward this is how all my products will be sold as it frees me up to focus on milling and design work vs trying to keep track of hundreds of emails each week and invoices and such. With more time being focused on milling and not sitting in front of the computer for emails and such, product is flowing out of the shop much faster now.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Nice looking storefront. Except for the "Currently out of stock" items!!!!!
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Mac The Knife wrote:Nice looking storefront. Except for the "Currently out of stock" items!!!!!
Sorry man. The parts sell F A S T! A new wave of parts will be listed in a day or so. I expect they will likely sell fast also. All I can do is keep milling and shipping out parts.
M
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Keep up the great work! I'll grab a v2 kit when i see it. :)
lightninjay
Printmaster!

Post by lightninjay »

Guys and gals, the V2 all-metal kit is a real treat. She went together so smoothly, with all the nice tight tolerances one could hope for. I went through the extra process of cleaning and coating all the pieces with a clear gloss spray paint, and she is GORGEOUS!

Since I was going through an entire teardown and rebuild anyway, I also decided to upgrade the printer electronics to a DuetWifi and PanelDue 7i. It CANNOT be overstated, just how QUIET the steppers are now that they are being run by the Duet's stepper drivers. The sound difference is more than when a stock Rmax V2 had dampeners put on the motors being run by a RAMBo.

I would highly recommend the metal kit, if/when Matt decides to open it back up for sale in his store again. The time and craftsmanship he puts into the things he sells on 713maker.com is UNPARALLELED. If he never sells another V2 kit, I will consider myself lucky that he made my kit for me before he decided to move on to other matters.

Thanks again Matt, for the V2 Kit and the new hotend effector! I'll post some pics of my setup after my shipment of filament comes in and I can print a proper mount for my PanelDue 7i.
If at first you don't succeed, you're doing something wrong. Try again, and if it fails again, try once more. Through trial and error, one can be the first to accomplish something great.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

You can't post that without pictures, man. That's just mean. ;)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
lightninjay
Printmaster!

Post by lightninjay »

geneb wrote:You can't post that without pictures, man. That's just mean. ;)

g.
Haha, Gene, you are right as always. It was rude of me, I just wanted to have "the perfect setup" before I posted photos, but isn't the whole fun of this community coming along for the journey of the build?

With that in mind, I've attached some photos of W.I.S.P.E.R. working on a new job while wearing her new suit of metal!
She has all the usual mounting holes and through holes as the Rostock Max v2
She has all the usual mounting holes and through holes as the Rostock Max v2
Matt's millwork at the 713maker shop leaves NOTHING to be desired.  His tool-paths are so clean, and it appears as though he takes VERY good care of his tooling mills.
Matt's millwork at the 713maker shop leaves NOTHING to be desired. His tool-paths are so clean, and it appears as though he takes VERY good care of his tooling mills.
The PanelDue 7i is currently unceremoniously LEANING against the plastic screws that hold the front faceplate on.  It will get its own proper enclosure that will allow it to mount on the faceplate, just as soon as I get my shipment of filament in from Makergeeks.  They appear to be SWAMPED currently, by their 50% off deal they did over Black Friday.  Willing to bet they bit off more than they could chew, and now they're having to deal with angry customers wanting refunds because their product still hasn't shipped.  I ordered 4 spools of filament close to two weeks ago (Black Friday) and still have not received a shipment notice, so I'd say they're a bit back-logged.
The PanelDue 7i is currently unceremoniously LEANING against the plastic screws that hold the front faceplate on. It will get its own proper enclosure that will allow it to mount on the faceplate, just as soon as I get my shipment of filament in from Makergeeks. They appear to be SWAMPED currently, by their 50% off deal they did over Black Friday. Willing to bet they bit off more than they could chew, and now they're having to deal with angry customers wanting refunds because their product still hasn't shipped. I ordered 4 spools of filament close to two weeks ago (Black Friday) and still have not received a shipment notice, so I'd say they're a bit back-logged.
Matt even plans out the direction of his milling paths to have all the beautiful patterns line up aesthetically!  I could not be HAPPIER with this setup.
Matt even plans out the direction of his milling paths to have all the beautiful patterns line up aesthetically! I could not be HAPPIER with this setup.
I even bought a 713maker mount for my Prometheus v2 hotend.  I have all of my components set up to be hot-swappable  by having pluggable leads.
I even bought a 713maker mount for my Prometheus v2 hotend. I have all of my components set up to be hot-swappable by having pluggable leads.
He includes stickers with his site name on them, and since he put so much work into perfecting this kit, I thought it only fitting for W.I.S.P.E.R. to bear said sticker.
He includes stickers with his site name on them, and since he put so much work into perfecting this kit, I thought it only fitting for W.I.S.P.E.R. to bear said sticker.
I'll post photos, and likely .stl/.obj files, of the mount I end up making for the PanelDue 7i. Once again Matt, I cannot thank you enough for working on this kit for me. W.I.S.P.E.R. thanks you too, and will be with me for a very long time, thanks to the upgrades you were able to provide.
If at first you don't succeed, you're doing something wrong. Try again, and if it fails again, try once more. Through trial and error, one can be the first to accomplish something great.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Very nice! If you add some shiny brass accents (screws, etc), you'd have a Valkyrie on your hands. ;)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “What are YOU making?”