Printmaster!

Re: Coming soon from 713Maker.com

Post by XpresoAdct »

*Swoon*
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

What's the anticipated price for a V3 kit and when can I order one?

I'll drive to Detroit if I can get my hands on one there ;-)

I saw the early work at MRRF and have been lusting for this upgrade ever since.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

I should have a few of the kits at the faire. My supplier swears the order I placed first thing today will arrive by Friday and I plan to mill them over the weekend. I am thinking the V3 kits will be in the $300 and the V2 kits (still being worked on, will not be at faire) will be closer to the $350 mark due to more material and mill time needed to produce them since it is a 100% full melamine replacement kit for the V2, everything but the melamine outer cover plates will be replaced on the V2 kits. The V3 kits are not replacing any of the injection molded frame members as they suffer no effects from humidity. So if the stock arrives in time to be milled, I hope to have 2-3 kits at the faire. Gotta run, the mills are hungry this week!
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Count me in for a full V2 kit. Love the work!
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

If you have a full V3 kit ready in time for the faire, I'll take one.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

WZ9V wrote:If you have a full V3 kit ready in time for the faire, I'll take one.
I should. I ordered more stock that shipped today and it should arrive in time to be milled before we leave on the 26th. I will update tomorrow once I have tracking for the shipment in hand and know when it will arrive.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

Will these be upgradable to the enclosure version when you have that figured out?
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

WZ9V wrote:Will these be upgradable to the enclosure version when you have that figured out?
That is the current goal for the enclosure design. Currently the enclosure design I am working on uses the stock screw holes to attach. Just longer screws would be needed to attach it to make up for the thickness of the metal plates which will form the top and bottom frame work of the enclosure.
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

Very cool. When your sure you can have a V3 kit in Detroit let me know and I can PayPal you the money and pick it up at the MakerFaire. PM me and I'll send the email to invoice. You already have me in your system for one of the hot end mounts.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

WZ9V wrote:Very cool. When your sure you can have a V3 kit in Detroit let me know and I can PayPal you the money and pick it up at the MakerFaire. PM me and I'll send the email to invoice. You already have me in your system for one of the hot end mounts.
I should know for sure tomorrow. I owe a kit to Andy from SeemeCNC and then I will mill the second one for you. The tracking info says we are set so far for drop off tomorrow (Monday). I will touch base once I have the stock faced and ready to mill the kit.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

So I have been running the metal framed V3 almost non-stop since it was put back together a few days ago. It still has the stock HE280 head and I still run the very first calibration code I did when I first got the printer from SeemeCNC. It has been printing like a total champ and is fast becoming my new favorite printer. I am sure it is far more to do with a better (re)build this time than when I first got it, but I am having none of the issues I did when I first got my V3. I really am loving the V3 and now I do not feel so bad about taking taking the V2 out of service shortly to fit the new full metal frame kit on it since the V3 is now doing so great. I did some 3Dlabprint.com Rc aircraft prints and about 5-6 other prints that maxed out the build area both in the XY and/or the Z. so far everything is looking SWEET! I will post a few bad pics below of some samples. Forgive cell phone shots, it is late here and I have been milling all weekend so I am too tired to break out the studio lights and such. HUGE 40G glue stick and V3 top in pics for scale.
2017-07-23 23.13.46.jpg
2017-07-23 23.13.38.jpg
2017-07-23 23.13.23.jpg
2017-07-23 23.12.56.jpg
2017-07-23 23.12.33.jpg
2017-07-23 23.11.55.jpg
2017-07-23 23.11.07.jpg
2017-07-23 23.10.15.jpg
2017-07-23 23.09.39.jpg
2017-07-23 23.09.12.jpg
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Our stock delivery for the V3 kits just got dropped off. Will be milling them throughout the night and tomorrow. Will update when we finish up. This first round will be for the Detroit maker faire as I only was able to pick up a few kits worth due to time issues.. But we already have more stock on the way and the V2 kits will start prototyping a few days after I return from the faire.
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

Fingers crossed. I have a Max V3 build ready to go and would love to start off with the metal parts.
travelphotog wrote:
WZ9V wrote:Very cool. When your sure you can have a V3 kit in Detroit let me know and I can PayPal you the money and pick it up at the MakerFaire. PM me and I'll send the email to invoice. You already have me in your system for one of the hot end mounts.
I should know for sure tomorrow. I owe a kit to Andy from SeemeCNC and then I will mill the second one for you. The tracking info says we are set so far for drop off tomorrow (Monday). I will touch base once I have the stock faced and ready to mill the kit.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Milling them as I type this. I SHOULD have your kit and Andy's kit for sure. Hope to have 1-2 more also. I will update tomorrow before I head out in the afternoon.
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

Cool. PM me for email if you want a deposit or payment to hold it for me.
adarcher
Printmaster!

Post by adarcher »

I tried sending my first pm to you saying I'm interested too. It's sitting in my "outbox" unsure if it actually sent :/

I'd love to help fund this new project of yours. Looks very nice.

I've got a v2.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

PMs will sit in your outbox until they're read.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

He was there and I was able to pickup a V3 kit. I need to set aside some time to clear coat the parts. The finish picks up fingerprints something fierce if you don't clear coat it as recommended.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

I wish I could have seen it, although with no rockets to launch, there wasn't much reason for me to go. I can't wait to see the V2 kit, although I would probably only buy it if I were building a new printer.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Hey guys. So just a fast update on the metal frame kits for the V3 and V2. I now have all the V2 parts in CAD and I am starting the process of getting them ready to mill. There will be a total of 26 parts we will be replacing in the V2 kits. I will need some time to go over each part and make sure it is ready for CNC milling. We will be tapping some of the holes as needed and a number of other concerns need to be carefully looked at before we start milling parts. I will not have a firm price until we have the first prototype kit milled and installed. I expect it to take a week or so to finish the parts conversion in CAD. On the V3 front: The mills are super slammed right now, but I hope to have a few more V3 kits ready shortly. I will have more updates on these kits on my 713maker FB page and here shortly.
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

Unpacked my bling from Detroit MakerFaire and shot it with a couple of coats of clear coat after wiping it down with Acetone first. Hoping to start on my customized Max V3 this week. Want to give the clear coat a chance to cure 24 to 48 hours before starting assembly. I also have to figure out how to squeeze my Piezo 20 module into the 713Maker effector setup. This will be a slow but fun build.

713Maker, you might want to consider the clear coat as a purchase option in the future.

BTW, clear coat not strictly necessary but if you don't like cleaning fingerprints all the time consider doing it.
Twac1
Printmaster!

Post by Twac1 »

do you have any V3 kits available? would like to purchase! can I pre order?
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Twac1 wrote:do you have any V3 kits available? would like to purchase! can I pre order?
I plan to mill another V3 kit tomorrow and it should be ready by Tuesday, have a few other things to run this weekend for R&D work but the V3 should run first. I got in what I hope is the last of the tooling for the V2 kits. Part of the R&D is running some test parts for the V2 kits to make sure all the joints fit correctly and I have the thread mills dialed in correctly on scrap before I run the full scale prototype. If all goes well on a large custom job I have in the works, I might have another V3 kit next week, but that stock is currently held in reserve for the custom job if anything fails as it is a tricky job with some interesting toolpaths.

I think we have the packaging for the V3-V2 kits sorted out. Dropping them off in person boxed up and mailing them are two totally different levels of packaging for sure. It will still be a bit before I have the V2 kits ready to leave the shop. At is a much larger kit than the V3, with something like over 25 parts total I think. I had some family medical issues recently so I was sidetracked and fell behind in the final CAD touches, but that issue is fixed now and I am almost ready to mill the test parts before I go for the full scale rig for my personal rig. I do plan to change out a few things on my personal V2 rig. I use a 24V PS for my heater and a few other changes, plus I plan to go Duet when I tear it down. So expect to see a different bottom base and bottom top plate on my V2 to reflect these changes. As soon as I have it tested, I will mill stock bottom plates and be sure to post those here.

The large (31+ parts) custom milled metal kits I recently made for another printer are still swamping me, which is both good and bad. It is good as it brings in capital to fund a few new mills (soon) which will be good for both that kit and the Delta parts all around. But the down side to the massive demand for those kits is the mills are pretty much booked every waking moment for MONTHS to even try and meet the demand. So I am going to have to set aside a day or two a week to mill the V3-V2 kits until the new mills arrive and are in production. I will try to run V3-V2 kits (if needed) on the weekends also. But I know that early on they will be slightly few in number each week as I try to balance the production of all the kits with the hours I can mill each week plus running custom jobs. Michelle and I are still trying to look at the best way of doing the kits as I am not super keen on another "waiting list". But no matter how we do it, no money will change hands until your kit is milled and ready for shipment, so we will not be sitting on anyone's funds as they wait for their kit.

OK back to CAD work on the V2 parts so I can mill some test parts tomorrow. Twac1, I will message you when I have a V3 kit ready to ship out.
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

Just a suggestion, what ever you do for you do to make mounting your Duet, you may want to offer as an option.

Maybe I'm wrong, but anyone that's going to be spending the money on this kit, I doubt will have a stock V2 at this point.
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

He already has mounting for both the stock bard and the Duet. At least he did on my V3 kit.

Return to “What are YOU making?”