Here's what I'm printing

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
donaldlindsay
Printmaster!

Here's what I'm printing

Post by donaldlindsay »

Here are some prints I did over the weekend.

It's black and white ABS, not printed together - I'm using an Orion that I got almost a fortnight ago. The red bit isn't printed, it's a plastic reed I had.
Attachments
Glasgow City-20140413-00154.jpg
donaldlindsay
Printmaster!

Re: Here's what I'm printing

Post by donaldlindsay »

I forgot to say, these are the sounding parts for a set of Scottish Smallpipes (there's a page on wikipedia if you don't know what those are). It's a copy of the oldest known set, dated 1716 - I thought that made it a good choice for my first print on the Orion! All that's missing is the leather bag, which I'll be fitting shortly!

It sounds great too, although I'm taking it in tomorrow for a set of custom reeds which should make it sound even better.
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

You're kidding! You mean I can print my own bag pipes? Sounds like my neighbors are going to love me!!!
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Wow, never would have though of that but I could finally have my Irish uilleann pipes
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
grabredemeyer
Printmaster!

Post by grabredemeyer »

So...any chance you'll be sharing the files behind this print? I'd love to print a set.
donaldlindsay
Printmaster!

Post by donaldlindsay »

I hadn't looked back at this thread - yes, I can pass on the files to you if you're interested!

Speaking of which, would anyone viewing this thread be interested in helping me test print musical instruments that I'm developing?

Since printing the (nice, smooth) pieces in the photo, I've been having trouble getting prints of the quality that I need. It's the surface finish. With Slic3r I get fine stringing inside the pieces now (didn't at first - I must have screwed up the settings). With Cura I got bumpies on an otherwise good print, but now that I've changed the settings to get rid of them, I'm just getting a slightly lumpy surface texture.

Return to “What are YOU making?”