MuggsMAX

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
TFMike
Printmaster!

Re: MuggsMAX

Post by TFMike »

Repables or github would be easier than emailing them individually. I really appreciate it, this will help me out a lot.
Muggs
Plasticator

Post by Muggs »

OK, I'll get them up sometime tomorrow and report back here.
Muggs
Plasticator

Post by Muggs »

TFMike,

I couldn't get Repables to upload my parts, so I put them up on Thingyverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:784666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I uploaded STL's and Parasolids.
Please remember this is a WIP. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Muggs
Plasticator

Post by Muggs »

While I'm waiting on my WaterJet guy to cut my modified "TrickTrucks", I'm working on the details.
Endstop mount with Micro switch a two M3 SHCS
Endstop mount with Micro switch a two M3 SHCS
Muggs
Plasticator

Post by Muggs »

Quick question:

Is there any difference/benefit to using 3mm vs 1.75mm filament?
I have a Lulzbot TAZ 5 and a fair amount of 3mm filament, but is there a good reason to build my Delta to use 1.75 or stay with 3mm?
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

Muggs wrote:Quick question:

Is there any difference/benefit to using 3mm vs 1.75mm filament?
I have a Lulzbot TAZ 5 and a fair amount of 3mm filament, but is there a good reason to build my Delta to use 1.75 or stay with 3mm?

3.0 mm filament is easier on the extruder motor and if you stay consistent you will have continuity among filaments on your printers and wont have to get different spools for each one.
Muggs
Plasticator

Post by Muggs »

Yeah, that makes perfect sense to me, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't something "better" about 1.75mm that I wasn't aware of.
Thanks!
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

On deltas 1.75 is probably better because it doesn't resist flexing as much as 3mm, so it doesn't encounter as much resistance while moving the effector. Every delta design that I'm aware of uses 1.75 vs 3mm.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Nylocke wrote:On deltas 1.75 is probably better because it doesn't resist flexing as much as 3mm, so it doesn't encounter as much resistance while moving the effector. Every delta design that I'm aware of uses 1.75 vs 3mm.
I agree with Nylocke.
I have never seen a Delta printer with a bowden system that used 3mm filament. They may exist but if so I have never heard of one or read about one.
Muggs
Plasticator

Post by Muggs »

Yeah, That's what I thought. From all of my reading I couldn't find a single case of anyone using 3mm filament. I thought it might be possible, but like I've said I have ZERO experience with Delta printers.

Thank you!
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I did for a while on my old Rostock Mini, but that only lasted so long. In the end the 3mm Bowden setup ended up being a bit of a hindrance (especially with mag arms)
Muggs
Plasticator

Post by Muggs »

More progress. I got my parts from my the waterjet guy, and they are awesome! I assembled the OpenBuild's Solid V-Wheel Kit onto them using an M8x30mm low-profile SHCS (M-C # 93070A131).
I used the spacer and washer supplied by OpenBuild, but I need one more washer to space the plate away from the towers. They're JUST hitting so better safe than sorry!
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
There is a slot in the aluminum plate to slide the belt through and the three lobed thing in the center has a cutout in the back to "fit" the doubled up belt minus a skosh for some clampitude.
So now if I get some time I should see movement soon.
2015-04-29_11-10-24.jpg
EDIT: Added section view for clarification.
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

You designed those arms from scratch?
Muggs
Plasticator

Post by Muggs »

Yes, well, no. They're directly stolen from Brian's awesome TrickTrucks and changed to fit my desires. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Seriously, I looked around at quite a few different designs on the net, but I didn't like any of them, until I saw the TrickTrucks. I almost ordered them but I wanted something a little different and I have a guy I work closely with that has a water-jet and do favors for one another. Once I prove all of this out everything will be up on Thingiverse.
However everything else is me, yes!
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

awesome news on the modified trucks going online someday, I will be sure to download them as I have run into this fiasco: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 655#p68216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Build Zone”