Rostock MAX v2 - End stop wire path

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Rostock MAX v2 - End stop wire path

Post by fwkseemecnc »

I am now installing the top plate, and running the wires. I am confused with the below. Kindly help.
1. Fig 7-35 of the manual (pg 109) shows the end stop wire goes X and Y axes, & Z and Y axes. But the end stop wires are coming out of the X tower, so it should be Y and X axes & Z and X axes. I am confused.
2. Fig 7-23 (Pg 104) top plate orientation and the Fig 7-35 (Pg 109) is different. Which is correct?
TQ
ZenOhSix
Printmaster!

Re: Rostock MAX v2 - End stop wire path

Post by ZenOhSix »

fwkseemecnc wrote:I am now installing the top plate, and running the wires. I am confused with the below. Kindly help.
1. Fig 7-35 of the manual (pg 109) shows the end stop wire goes X and Y axes, & Z and Y axes. But the end stop wires are coming out of the X tower, so it should be Y and X axes & Z and X axes. I am confused.
2. Fig 7-23 (Pg 104) top plate orientation and the Fig 7-35 (Pg 109) is different. Which is correct?
TQ
Make sure you are using the latest manual, which is the 3rd edition and located here:
http://download.seemecnc.com/rostockmax ... dition.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RE: #1 - See under the picture in yellow, this quote: [Top plate is flipped in the photo, so the upper wire path will run from the Z axis to the Y axis!]

RE: #2: PG 109 is upside down.

I just built that section yesterday. I am almost finished with the Hot End (have the Effector Plate and CF Arms ran now).

Thanks
Mike
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

If you understand what you are doing and why you are doing it then life will be easier.

What you are trying to avoid on top, is having your endstop wires run close or parallel to the other wires. The reason for this is that they are wires that carry a signal, the others carry power. But while carrying power they switch on and off during which process they act like a transmitting antenna. Your endstop wires carry a signal, and also act like a receiving antenna.

If your hotend wires receive a disturbance, it will heat your nozzle 0.0000000000001 degrees C. But if your endstop wires receive a disturbance they transmit that to your controller, which thinks: "Oh no, the carriage is at its limit, I should not move it any further". And even if you lose a couple of mm that way, that is enough to ruin your print.

On the firmware, you should disable the lower endstops and then disable the endstops once the printer is in motion.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Post by fwkseemecnc »

Ok noted of endstop signal cables to avoid the power cables. Will do that and TQ

Return to “The Build Zone”