Jerking motion (print head)

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Jerking motion (print head)

Post by fwkseemecnc »

I noticed that during printing, the print head jerks at a faster pace when it reaches to the end of printing a particular layer. We can see the layer line in the MATTERCONTROL screen (bottom). Just before this line changes number, the head will run around at a much higher speed, and appears jerking (or darting). Is that normal? I was thinking like this sudden jerk is to break the extruded filament before it proceeds to the next layer. I don't actually see any problem with the print so far. It is a 19hrs print, volume 125mm x 78mm x 300mm(height). I will upload some pictures (if I do complete the print, fingers crossed). I have attached a video of jerking, not sure if it will clearly show what I am trying to say.
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/138959576[/vimeo]
stonewater
Printmaster!

Re: Jerking motion (print head)

Post by stonewater »

what is your speed for non print moves, that is what you are seeing. in matter control, turn on advanced mode, and then turn on help, it will put an explaination below each setting in the settings section of the software.

Tom C
MAX V1
325 MM carbon arms trick trucks effector mount LED ring heat spreader
Corvair750
V6 Hotend
Robo 3D
Flashforge creator
http://WWW.TeslagenX.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Bedini experimenter kits, books, DVD's
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Post by fwkseemecnc »

OK I will check and tq
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Post by fwkseemecnc »

My non print speed is at 300mm/s. I will not change this since this is the default value, or should I change it depending on the prints that I doing?
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

Should not be a problem.
Probably what you are seeing is the slicer setting "avoid crossing perimeters" ...it is keeping non print moves within inside of part as much as possible to reduce stringing.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"

Return to “The Build Zone”