My planned build weekend is Feb 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th. I know it's a cliche but I aim to video the whole thing and knock up a time lapse if I can.
I'm not terribly concerned about building the kit, in a former life I earned my crust doing prototyping and manufacturing small-run industrial automation robotics. The calibration and actual printing itself are another matter entirely, one I have only the haziest notions about, so expect a lot of comical stumbling once I get to that point.
As for what I'm building, there's the BOM as it currently stands;
- RMv2 Kit (X1) (Glorious White Melamine Master Race!)
- Raspberry Pi Wifi Kit (X1)
- SNANSHI 5V 2A 10W regulated (allegedly) industrial style PSU for RasPi build-in (X1) (I want a non-switched, or possibly separately switched, 5V going to the print server to reduce probability of Linux filesystem corruption)
- MicroSDHC Card, 32GB, Sandisk (X1)
- SDHC Card, 32GB, Sandisk (X1)
- Spare SMT Fuses (X2)
- Spare .35mm, .5mm and .7mm nozzles
- Spare heater resistors
- Spare thermistor
- Spare glass build plate
- Tiny squirrel cage fans (X2) for possible additional PLA cooling
- XT60 High current connectors (X3)(quick disconnects for platform)
- JST Low current connectors (Silicone insulated) (X10)(quick disconnects for platform)
- Name brand rubber mounts for steppers (X3)
- Cork mount for possible future damping of cold end stepper (x1)(Probably impossible, I now realize)
- TrickLaser aluminium heat spreader (X1)
- TrickLaser LED light ring (X1) (mostly so my kids can see what it's doing)
- 2.5" Blue painter's tape (X1)
- Purple disappearing glue stick (X6)
- Kapton Tape (X1)
- PermaTex Ultra Copper (X1)
- 1KG PLA
- 1KG ABS (probably more of both by build time)
- Stanley 014725 25-Removable Compartment Professional Organizer (X4) (For parts organization/storage)
- 1 QT Acetone
- 1 QT Zinnser Clear Shellac (for melamine sheet edges. with assorted brushes and rollers)
- Loctite Blue (X1)
- Assorted heat shrink tubing
- Assorted cable ties
- 1/2 a kilo of desiccant in 50 little bags to help keep the filament dry.
I believe I have all the required tools, though I am using this as an excellent excuse/opportunity to freshen up my solder station (Hakko 888, where have you been all my life?) and vernier (Mitutoyo 500-196-30, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, got to measure every m***********r in the room, accept no substitutes)
I'm obviously not making any significant mods at this stage of the game, and that's by design. I want to get the base kit up, running and dialed in well before I start trying to do fancy things to impress the older boys.
With all of that said, I know just enough to know how very little I actually know, and as such I'm absolutely open to suggestions;
What have I forgotten?