Arduino based Mach temperature controller

Check out how others are building and modding their own heated beds
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Arduino based Mach temperature controller

Post by mhackney »

Andy Wander and I have independently at first have pooled our efforts to get Mach to display and control temperature settings for 2 hot ends, a hot bed, and 2 fans. We've had some strange problems and of course there is a lot of plumbing to get Mach to talk to and display data from an external device. Well, this evening I was able to get a complete path from the Arduino to a DRO in Mach to display an actual and accurate temperature from a SeeMeCNC thermistor. Now it should be smoother sailing hooking up the rest of the functions.

Andy is planning to use his modified Velleman thermostats (see the Yahoo group for details) interfaced to the Arduino. This will be a relatively inexpensive solution. I've designed a temperature control module that uses a MOSFET for the heater and inputs for the thermistor. These should be easy to DIY and quite inexpensive. They also hook up to the Arduino.

Cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Leeway
Printmaster!

Re: Arduino based Mach temperature controller

Post by Leeway »

Good stuff, Michael.
Watching your progress closely.
Lee
timothysvec
Printmaster!

Post by timothysvec »

Way to go! Pictures please. :)
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Sorry for the delayed reply but I abandoned this project after moving over to an Arduino based controller for my Rostock. The Mach temp control was never fully debugged and really not worth the effort given how inexpensive and functional the Arduino controllers like RAMPS and RAMBO are now.

cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler

Return to “Heated Bed How-To's”