Live matter control Print PLA

Post your streaming time/info here, so people know when you're printing live
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Live matter control Print PLA

Post by wildideas1 »

http://ustre.am/MpTj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; well this is print #4 using the Matter Control software and liken it so far still learning curve on slcr in general.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Live matter control Print PLA

Post by Eaglezsoar »

wildideas1 wrote:http://ustre.am/MpTj well this is print #4 using the Matter Control software and liken it so far still learning curve on slcr in general.
Agreed there is a learning curve but I am glad that we are starting to see choices in the software that we use.
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

so tell me why is it that every time i want to go live the prints look like c---- the layers are not bonding like the bust figurine did on 2nd pla print this one is splitting at the seems and i didn't change anything tried same setting different shape. hmmmm ugh.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

wildideas1 wrote:so tell me why is it that every time i want to go live the prints look like c---- the layers are not bonding like the bust figurine did on 2nd pla print this one is splitting at the seems and i didn't change anything tried same setting different shape. hmmmm ugh.
If the layers aren't bonding I would try a temperature increase of the hotend, 5 or 10 degrees. Are you using a layer fan?
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

well as usual it failed and yes i tried up ing temp and didn't stop just got to gooey and yes on fan. the software just stopped and shut off ext/bed and kept running like it was still fine. what i don't understand why bust worked sweet but simple vase fails.
Ideas
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

How many layers are the perimeter on each? was there infill on the torso?

If so, there may be enough residual heat on the torso, that when the next layer is extruded it can bond easier.

Still lobbing out guesses...
I am a fool entrapped within my own wisdom.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

wildideas1 wrote:well as usual it failed and yes i tried up ing temp and didn't stop just got to gooey and yes on fan. the software just stopped and shut off ext/bed and kept running like it was still fine. what i don't understand why bust worked sweet but simple vase fails.
Ideas
Did you have these problems with Slic3r or are the problems related to the Matter Control software?

Return to “Live Stream Announcments”