Update from HQ

General info from SeeMeCNC HQ
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Update from HQ

Post by johnoly99 »

Guys, John Oly here. First off, sorry we (Steve and I) havn't been on here much lately. We've been so busy at the shop, and it's been an absolute blessing from all of you to give us that problem :) We're working hard on getting some of the smaller details nailed down, like we are going to start bringing in stepper motors with longer leads adn CONNECTORS ALREADY INSTALLED! And, working with JohnnyR @ UltiMachine to build out the RAMBo boards with screw terminals on the boards instead. Those two changes will take a significant portion of the assembly time down, which means NO crimping the little tiny PITA connector pins anymore :) That's just what's hot on my mind right now, but there are plenty of others rattling around in there too that we are going to be trying to get done soon.

Secondly, Wow. I just need to take a minute and thank every single one of you on this forum. Way back when A guy by the name of Awander started a Yahoo Group for the H1's. He asked if we minded him starting somewhere that the guys could hang out and talk about their kits. We loved it! It was a VERY useful place in the early days. The 'natives' were a little restless though, and soon wanted a more forum based place, so we gave them this forum. Judging by the number of posts, not a moment too soon, either!

Without the guys on here, new and old, 1 post or 100's, we would not be where we are today, and that is a fact. Everyone that has ever posted a question on here, I bet has had an answer. And, I know that those answers come more often ten folds from others on here, not us. I love seeing the community spirit and involvement. Together we are stronger, couldn't agree more.

I've seen a few less than desireable posts on here aimed at some fail on our part, and we make mistakes. Anyone reading this does, I hope? Otherwise, our robotic overlords have overtaken the interwebs faster than we all thought :) I totally believe in freedom, and so I've sat back and watched those play out too. Eveyone, right AND wrong, has the freedom to speach. But, I want to thank you guys for making sure the truth was told when it started to get a little twisted

I couldn't name all the guys 100% by name, but a few of the "Made Men" that helped Make us I'd like to personally and publicly thank on here. Our doors always open, and come on over anytime, this bud's on us!

Awander, havn't seen you lately man, but thanks for all your help! You fixed the velleman hacks when I couldn't figure it out! and so much more
Polygonhell, Dude, you ever need a tech support job, YOURE THE MAN! I've seen you help any and everyone, no matter their attitude. Hat's off, I bow down!
Mhackney, Imagine a world full of bags of 1/4-20 nuts and bolts, and a box, with no instructions? That ended thanks to you man, and I see you right there with Polygon too!
Geneb, Really? How many pages will the Rostock MAX manual end at? Thank god for the internet! Imagine if we had to print all those manuals! Trees everywhere would pull their own roots out and run! But seriously, couldn't have a better manual for that beast.
YoYo, first arduino controlled SeeMe machine ever man! I remember seeing your first prints and thinking "Damn, wish i could print that good"
DSohlstrom, That man has some amazing machine skills. ANyone seen the H1 Tank? Bet you could mill D2 on that thing!

And so many more. If i left you out, just send me an email!

Thanks again guys, and hope to see you all soon at a makerfaire or some place!

Johnoly99
rs50pilot
Printmaster!

Re: Update from HQ

Post by rs50pilot »

Just wanted to say this is my first printer. I chose it for the build volume first and looks second. What I got was a very well designed good looking machine with a lot of attention to detail. I personally like how all of the pieces are named and numbered. Everything is integrated and made in the USA, well most everything. Don't let people get you down every one was an opinion. You guys did a great job designing this kit and I got mine a week earlier than expected. Im happy with it. Keep up the good work and get the dual extruder thing figured out so I can buy one.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

No worries man, not down at all. Just thought I should say thanks to everyone from us here @ SeeMe,

as for the dualin' delta setups, stay tuned. user:mhackney will be working on the how to's shortly
cambo3d
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by cambo3d »

[quote=

I've seen a few less than desireable posts on here aimed at some fail on our part, and we make mistakes. Anyone reading this does, I hope? Otherwise, our robotic overlords have overtaken the interwebs faster than we all thought :) I totally believe in freedom, and so I've sat back and watched those play out too. Eveyone, right AND wrong, has the freedom to speach. But, I want to thank you guys for making sure the truth was told when it started to get a little twisted

Johnoly99[/quote]

While its good to have forum members that step in to help. It would still be good to know what the creators stance is on the subject matter, rather than sit back and watch.

Return to “General Announcments”