Updating a few things for the site and support

General info from SeeMeCNC HQ
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Updating a few things for the site and support

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey all,

Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know of a few things we're working on.

First off, we're working on integrating our new ticket/support system AND a user searchable knowledge base. We decided to go with ZenDesk for this, as it had the best fit for our site and what we found would work best for our customers. It has an integrated knowledge base that lets those of you who are more 'self-service' types look for answers to quick, common FAQ/issues. But it also will let you submit a 'ticket' for support help. Many of you are prob. familiar with it, or some other form of support ticket system. We're looking forward to more more powerful customer support, and this is a big step in that direction. We take a LOT of pride in our customer service and support, it def. drives a lot of decisions, and is a pretty big focus at the shop here. In moving to this new system, i'm sure there will be a few hiccups, so bear with us as we sort it all out. As of right now, any time you email support@ it gets automatically sent into and creates a new 'ticket'. So far JJ and I have found it really useful for helping us manage support requests, as it lets us organize them way better than gmail :) in terms of issues waiting for feedback to further help etc... The knowledge base is being built up as we speak, so again, give us some time to get it up and more populated. I'm looking at letting users submit new KB articles too, so if anyone is really bored and wants to help out, we'd appreciate it a TON!
If you want to poke around the link is http://seemecnc.zendesk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Secondly, we're adding product reviews to our website. It's something I personally have held off on for a while, but with everything needed to keep a web presence relevant, it needed done. Google sure likes their data how they like it, eh? That said, if some of you out there are willing, it would be awesome if you could post some reviews of some of the stuff on the site to help us out in getting it going. Once again we'd appreciate it a TON, so thanks in advance for anyone who could throw a few reviews up.

Thanks again for all the amazing things you guys post and do here on the forums, it's because of you guys that we have the opportunity to keep doing what we do. You guys inspire us every day with all the amazing help you give to others, and some of the cool projects, mods and prints you guys post on here. Keep it up, it's awesome!
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Re: Updating a few things for the site and support

Post by BenTheRighteous »

johnoly99 wrote:Secondly, we're addING product reviews to our website.
So are the reviews live now, or you mean they're coming soon? I popped over to the RMax product page and didn't see a spot for them.
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Ben,
The reviews are live on desktop, not mobile yet. Were you on a mobile device, if you were on a desktop, can you let me know what browser/OS?
mvansomeren
Printmaster!

Post by mvansomeren »

Just an observation: I went to the Knowledge Base and watched the video on Calibration. I'm wondering why it is so different than the instructions in the V2 Assembly manual? I followed the manual and was able to calibrate it just fine but these instructions differ greatly from the video.

I would think you would want consistancy accross the board to avoid confusion.
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

all good things mvansomeren. We'll look into it, and appreciate any feedback. Maybe i'll post a topic for KB suggestions? Also, there are comments enabled if you register on the KB, you could post critique there as well, and JJ or I will see it
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Revieweded :mrgreen:
*not actually a robot
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Haha,

Thanks bot!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

John, I am using firefox and I also see no place to add a review.
All I see are the 6 boxes for the Facts and a chat box, no place for reviews.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

OK guys, i think i understand.

The reviews are on our seemecnc.com site, for each product. Go check out http://seemecnc.com/products/rostock-max-complete-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for example. The page with 6 boxes etc... is the support desk/knowledge base/ticket system.
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

At least in my case, I figured it out. I was looking at the right page but my NoScript plugin blocked the review portion. Usually it leaves a placeholder when it blocks something, but in this case it didn't, so it didn't clue me in that I was missing anything.
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Thanks guys!

Lots of good stuff already.

Return to “General Announcments”