LCD Panel Dead - not working?

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
cassetti
Printmaster!

LCD Panel Dead - not working?

Post by cassetti »

Ok,

Soldered the smart adapter myself, and properly wired it (I think). But the screen is showing no life, even after installing the firmware by polygonhell.

I'm assuming it should be on already. And it must be a connection somewhere on the adapter causing the issue? Or do I need to activate it in the firmware before uploading?
(No trees were killed to post this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.)
cambo3d
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: LCD Panel Dead - not working?

Post by cambo3d »

seems like your not the only one.

if its completely black then you have the connectors in the wrong headers. If you have it right it should at least light up.

left connector on lcd goes to top of rambo adapter board,
right connector on lcd goes to bottom of rambo adapter board.
cassetti
Printmaster!

Re: LCD Panel Dead - not working?

Post by cassetti »

I have them wired as you show in this post:
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... able#p7035
(last picture shows your wiring)

When that failed, I figured what the hell and wired the other way, screen remained off, but once I connected the USB the piezzo to play sound, and no com connection was made (couldn't connect via repetier).

I'm going to assume it's a bad solder job on a few pins. I'll have to test each pin and find the bad joints. I figured this would happen, but at least my printer is working (kinda, see my build thread for the latest issue).
(No trees were killed to post this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.)

Return to “Rostock MAX”