a question on xy scaling

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
stonewater
Printmaster!

a question on xy scaling

Post by stonewater »

I have a reprap full gaphic smart controller I am installing it on my robo. there is a case for it on thingiverse. the x and y dimensions according to the edit function in mattercontrol are x dim of 98 mm y dim of 91.8 mm the print came out x dim 96.8 y dim 90.89. its JUST to small for the LCD to fit in the case is there a way to correct for xy scaling errors on my max?

here is the STL

Tom C
Attachments
lcd_box_front.stl
(107.52 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
MAX V1
325 MM carbon arms trick trucks effector mount LED ring heat spreader
Corvair750
V6 Hotend
Robo 3D
Flashforge creator
http://WWW.TeslagenX.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Bedini experimenter kits, books, DVD's
JFettig
Printmaster!

Re: a question on xy scaling

Post by JFettig »

Diagonal rod length needs to be decreased
stonewater
Printmaster!

Post by stonewater »

thanks I will step it down.

Tom C
MAX V1
325 MM carbon arms trick trucks effector mount LED ring heat spreader
Corvair750
V6 Hotend
Robo 3D
Flashforge creator
http://WWW.TeslagenX.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Bedini experimenter kits, books, DVD's
jetpad
Printmaster!

Post by jetpad »

I'm having a similar issue. Were you able to fix your problem with that adjustment? Since your part is distorted by a different amount in the X and Y, I would think that adjusting the single diagonal rod length value wouldn't let you scale on the X and Y axis separately while keeping Z the same.
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Post by 0110-m-p »

X and Y should scale differently because the rod angle rate of change is different when moving in X vs. moving in Y. I don't know what the ratio would be (probably depends on rod length), but Y moves directly toward and away from the Z-tower, while X moves are at an angle from all towers. So it would make sense that if the rod length variable of the delta equations changes, then the X and Y distance moved would be different since the math to calculate that distance is different.

If you'd like to read more about delta printer kinematics...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... 6ATBdT43eU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: One thing to note though...If your print is dimensionally accurate in one direction but not in the other two (say X is off, but both Y and Z are accurate), then it probably isn't rod length since changing rod length will also make the parts bigger or smaller. More likely that the machine isn't square in some way.
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||

Return to “Rostock MAX”