Repetier Firmware 0.92 - low memory

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
nathanstenzel
Printmaster!

Repetier Firmware 0.92 - low memory

Post by nathanstenzel »

Hi, all.
I just wanted to let you all know that I tried Repetier Firmware 0.92 and the arduino compiler warns about low memory. It then does not want to work after you connect to it remotely to control it. I do not think the old Rambo board has the RAM.
Now, I have the fun chore of trying to get my printer back to working...fun fun fun.
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Re: Repetier Firmware 0.92 - low memory

Post by pouncingiguana »

Arduino complains about the ram usage because the amount used is above what it's default warning level is set at. It still works fine, we're not stepping on invalid memory. If you're having problems connecting to it after flashing it, please post what your log looks like when flashing and connecting (and the version of arduino you're using) and we can try to figure it out.
nathanstenzel
Printmaster!

Post by nathanstenzel »

I did not think to keep logs. I know that the arduino compiler said it had between 600 and 888 (I forget if it was K or bytes) left.
spudman
Noob

Post by spudman »

I'm also having low memory, odd behavior issues

From my configuration.h file :
#define REPETIER_VERSION "0.92.2"
#define FIRMWARE_DATE "20170414" // in date format yyyymmdd

Compile message :
Sketch uses 136874 bytes (53%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 7447 bytes (90%) of dynamic memory, leaving 745 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
Low memory available, stability problems may occur.

Max V3 (with 2 into 1 dual filament kit) firmware update behavior:
The firmware uploads without issue, LCD menu system looks fine. When the "Full Calibration" is selected form the LCD menu, the calibration process does run to completion, but after calibration finishes the LCD has a message "Stepper Disabled", then it is stuck, rotary knob and reset button are non functional, only power cycle will correct issue, this is not good.
Also, when using OcotPi to test new extruder function, T0 extrusion works fine. But when switching to T1 nothing happens, and further extrusion occurs from E0, this is very odd.

If anyone has any insight or possible solutions to these issues please let me know.
I will post back here if/when I get this figured out.
Thanks!
nathanstenzel
Printmaster!

Post by nathanstenzel »

In Repetier 0.91.8, I have it set up for the Y adapter software-wise. The Cura option does not work for me either. If I have it disabled, I can use the two extruders and set the temperature at the beginning of the print on Both extruders to get them to work when the pins are set the same. It result in my needing to set the 2nd extruder's temperature actually twice before actual printing. It is frankly a hack. I do not know the proper way to fix it.
nathanstenzel
Printmaster!

Post by nathanstenzel »

My apologies. I did not get back to trying this to give log entries for 0.92 on a RostockMax v1 with the rather outdated Rambo board.

Return to “Rostock MAX”