How to change knob direction on lcd?

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
bplemmons
Printmaster!

How to change knob direction on lcd?

Post by bplemmons »

I there a setting for the knob direction for menu choices on the lcd? seems backwards to me when changing temp and speeds...

Bill
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: How to change knob direction on lcd?

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Go to the uiconfig tab of the firmware. There's a menu direction invert, or something along those lines. Just change the true to false or vice versa.

A note: this only changes the menu navigation direction, i.e. which way moves the cursor up or down a list. It does not reverse everything that the encoder does. The speed and extrusion multipliers don't reverse direction with this config change. Anybody know how to do that one? I'd like to know.
bplemmons
Printmaster!

Post by bplemmons »

Yea, I agree I'm fine with the main menus but the settings are backwards....
halopend
Prints-a-lot

Post by halopend »

I don't know if your using my version of repetier or what but I'll reverse the direction later on it. The code to reverse it is in the uiconfig.h file.

If you jump to around line 320 you'll see a section like below

Code: Select all

void ui_check_keys(int &action) {
#if UI_HAS_KEYS!=0

UI_KEYS_CLICKENCODER_LOW_REV(76,77); // click encoder on pins 47 and 45. Phase is connected with gnd for signals.
 UI_KEYS_BUTTON_LOW(78,UI_ACTION_OK); // push button, connects gnd to pin
 UI_KEYS_BUTTON_LOW(KILL_PIN,UI_ACTION_KILL); // push button, connects gnd to pin
The trick is to change UI_KEYS_CLICKENCODER_LOW_REV(76,77); to UI_KEYS_CLICKENCODER_LOW(76,77);

Note if you are not using mine, you might actually do the opposite change (IE. add _REV) since the goal is to do the opposite of whatever is currently in the code.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

halopend wrote:I don't know if your using my version of repetier or what but I'll reverse the direction later on it.
I'm using the version of repetier FW from the download.seemecnc.com website. Looks like it links to the repetiermax github. Is that your version?
halopend
Prints-a-lot

Post by halopend »

It's not my version, but looking at their code its exactly the same change (remove the _rev).

Truthfully, most of the forks are all the same with some minor configuration changes to make it compatible with a specific hardware (basically telling it where the pins are, how big the link arms are, how many extruders it uses, how the LCD is controlled etc.). Almost all of these specific configurations are stored in the configuration.h and uiconfig.h files.

I originally created mine to add LCD support for the Rostock Max since no one else had it with repetier at the time, but now that everyone has it I just focus on keeping mine up to date with the "official" version of repetier.

If you don't really have any intentions of updating too much down the road you should just make the change to the RepetierMAX firmware you have now.

**EDIT** I just removed mine from here as I'm realizing now that there is different versions of the rostock max now (mines only 4 months old!!!) with different timing pulleys and microsteping values. If your using the ReptierMAX successfully your really just best off making the changes yourself to it.
bplemmons
Printmaster!

Post by bplemmons »

Thanks for sharing the info, That issue drove me nuts....

Bill
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Thank You! that was driving me crazy.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Rostock MAX”