What could we possibly be up to?

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
johnoly99
Printmaster!

What could we possibly be up to?

Post by johnoly99 »

So, I thought it would be fun to see some of you guys guessing at what we're up to next. I'm sure a select few have a slight advantage at their guesses, but I wanna hear your guys' crazy guesses! Have fun, be descriptive, let's see what you can think of for us next!
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Re: What could we possibly be up to?

Post by michaellatif »

If I had to guess, a 3-Axis CNC machine? Maybe something to do with 'desktop' injection molding systems?
How about a CNC 2-Axis lathe?

Ok, maybe my ideas might not be too wild or crazy, but I am putting out there tools I would love to have in the shop! ;-)
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

Well, there's the rout 'n twist that's in your store, but that's big bucks. Maybe a version of that cheap enough for hobby buyers?

A home filament extruder?

Or skip that and make a printer extruder designed to take cheap plastic pellets directly?
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Post by michaellatif »

Eric wrote:Or skip that and make a printer extruder designed to take cheap plastic pellets directly?
This would be cool! Take scraps, failed prints and grind them directly into the extruder to reuse.
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
kilroyo
Printmaster!

Post by kilroyo »

death ray? , ok perhaps a CNC laser cutter
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Ooooh, death ray sounds fun. What was Teslas last great work? And what did he hate it being called? Haha A lathe would be cool, but small use compared to a mill with a rotary axis right?
kilroyo
Printmaster!

Post by kilroyo »

Errr i mean "peace" ray.
I know! Earthquake machine, ,, can't wait to unlease it on my neighborhood
BrainSlugs83
Printmaster!

Post by BrainSlugs83 »

A home filament extruder?

Or skip that and make a printer extruder designed to take cheap plastic pellets directly?
A home filament extruder would rock so much -- heck, and in perfecting it you could win yourselves $40,000!

I really like the idea of recycling milk jugs (and other plastics) into filament. :)

On the other hand, printing in metal would be kind of cool:
http://hackaday.com/2012/05/18/printing ... -a-reprap/ :D

Edit: Ooh ooh! Multiple print heads? (Or perhaps a single printhead that can automatically swap filaments? -- you asked for crazy ideas -- It'd be neat to see a machine that could do color mixing -- like with red/yellow/blue (or CMYK, or whatever) that allowed it to do multi-colored prints. :D)

Edit:
I know! Earthquake machine, can't wait to unlease it on my neighborhood
First thing I ever bought online -- when I was like 12 years old -- was from some scam site selling "Tesla's Earthquake Machine Plans" -- I figured hell, I can wrap wires around a nail and build an electric magnet, how hard can it be to make an earthquake machine?

...I'm pretty sure whatever I got in the mail was fake (I mean the feds confiscated most of Tesla's stuff when he died, including his notes...) but I was completely unable to read or make any sense of the plans I got -- it was all crazy gobbledy goop shit with numbers and and drawings and wierd shit all over the place -- lots of math everywhere, and little bits of text explaining the various things but none of it made any sense to me -- it seemed legit at the time -- but I mean, I was 12, so it probably wasn't... -- I asked my parents for help, "How do I build this?" -- they had no idea what the fuck it was either... :lol:
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Post by michaellatif »

Edit: Ooh ooh! Multiple print heads? (Or perhaps a single printhead that can automatically swap filaments? -- you asked for crazy ideas -- It'd be neat to see a machine that could do color mixing -- like with red/yellow/blue (or CMYK, or whatever) that allowed it to do multi-colored prints. :D)
Check out the following extruder design, triple colors, looks like a decent start.
http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/08/3-w ... olour.html
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
BrainSlugs83
Printmaster!

Post by BrainSlugs83 »

Check out the following extruder design, triple colors, looks like a decent start.
http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/08/3-w ... olour.html
Whoa, that looks like the same guy I linked to! -- Though in his links, those iPhone cases, holy crap, who did those? They look amazing. :D
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Yeah, thats richrap. Hes pretty ingenious. I talked to him about prototyping some of his parts for him. Sounds like hes busy at the moment
Lokespop
Noob

Post by Lokespop »

For the Rostock MAX...? Has to be a laser cutter: light (Puns are ok, aren't they?), easily powered off-platform and ready for balsa or foamboard!.
WookieeGunner
Plasticator

Post by WookieeGunner »

Well, one of your Rostock pics is of a theorectical 3 print head holder so I guess that you are making that a reality.

Return to “Rostock MAX”