endstop questions

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
barnett
Printmaster!

endstop questions

Post by barnett »

Hi,

I'm a complete novice trying to finish my Wood kit build from where the UStream videos left off. Here are my endstop questions:

Question 1:
From the Reprap wiki page: "Endstops are actuated and adjusted by screws located on the cheapskate u-joint mounts."

I'm guessing that's the 2" 6-32 socket head screws. But I can't get the screw in vertical because the belt clamp is in the way. I've attached a picture. Is it supposed to be hard up against the belt clamp?
end stop actuator screw.jpg
Question 2:
When I route the end stop wires from the top back down to the Rambo, does that go down one of the slots on the sides of T-Slot bar (under where the bearings roll up and down)? I suppose it will stay clear of the bearings as long as the wire lays in there flat. Any tips there?

Thanks!!
Barnett
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: endstop questions

Post by johnoly99 »

Barnett. We were alerted to the belt clamp issue. We have since made the change, the u joint mounts now have two holes, one further out to allow clearance around the belt clamp. You can drill a new hole using an 1/8" drill bit, its a good size for the screws to self tap into. As for endstop sires, there is a small slit in the upper t slot mount and thr bottom. This allows you to fish the endstop wires thru the hole in the center of the tslots. We will get that fact noted on the wiki page. Weve been pretty jammed om getting all the kits done, so I havnt had much wiki time. Remember guys, its all editable by you as well, so if you feel there needs to be something added, dont be afraid to jump on and add it too! Jassper has been a huge help, even though he has the black/yellow machine that everyone keeps asking about. Lol
barnett
Printmaster!

Post by barnett »

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll drill new holes and run the wires as you suggest I was worried the wires would be too close to the belt at the top there. If anyone has a photo of what it's supposed to look like up there it would help me. I'll post mine once I do it (probably this weekend).
Last edited by barnett on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
munsiblicious
Noob

Post by munsiblicious »

I also had this problem with the end-stop bolt hole. I found it easier to drill holes in the back cheapskate plate and move the belt clamps there so that they no longer interfered. You can see what I did in the crappy cell-phone picture below.
IMAG0183.jpg

Return to “Rostock MAX”