i blew f3

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

i blew f3

Post by bubbasnow »

what else is connected to fuse3? i was hooking up a new fan and had everything running, but then the leds (hot end on and P6 on) went dark. im on v1.1b, e3d 40w heater and a 12v .9A max fan = 40/12 + .9 = 4.5A is there another place i can run this fan on a different fuse but still controllable with pwm??? where can i order more of these baby fuses?

Thanks!
Eric
Printmaster!

Re: i blew f3

Post by Eric »

Bed heat has its own fuse, so just the fan and extruder outputs. Replacing it with a 10A version of the fuse is the usual solution for this problem.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

bubbasnow wrote:what else is connected to fuse3? i was hooking up a new fan and had everything running, but then the leds (hot end on and P6 on) went dark. im on v1.1b, e3d 40w heater and a 12v .9A max fan = 40/12 + .9 = 4.5A is there another place i can run this fan on a different fuse but still controllable with pwm??? where can i order more of these baby fuses?

Thanks!
The 10Amp fuse to replace the 5 amp is listed at Mouser.com Part # 576-0448010.MR
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

ok ill buy some of each.. thanks!!
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

its going to be a long weekend... the parts wont be in till next week :(
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

bubbasnow wrote:its going to be a long weekend... the parts wont be in till next week :(
Just sit and think happy thoughts and dream of all the upgrades you would like to do.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

i think ill go buy a quickburn 125v/10A, and solder leads onto the bad LF and the new fuse, and slide that puppy back into place until the replacement comes.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

bubbasnow wrote:i think ill go buy a quickburn 125v/10A, and solder leads onto the bad LF and the new fuse, and slide that puppy back into place until the replacement comes.
That should work, glad you don't have to spend all weekend without your printer.

Return to “RAMBo”