trouble with drivers

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
LASERMAN
Printmaster!

trouble with drivers

Post by LASERMAN »

I hooked up my Max to my first PC, loaded the driver, and everything worked. I moved my Max to my den, hooked it up to my den PC, and not so good. The first thing is that it sees it as TWO cards, assigns TWO com ports, and throws an exclamation up on one (device won't start). When I try to connect with Repetier, it shows connected, but I can send no commands, and I get no readouts on the temps.

I have deleted the devices several times, and attempted re-installing drivers, and I can't get past this. Anyone ever see this before?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: trouble with drivers

Post by Eaglezsoar »

LASERMAN wrote:I hooked up my Max to my first PC, loaded the driver, and everything worked. I moved my Max to my den, hooked it up to my den PC, and not so good. The first thing is that it sees it as TWO cards, assigns TWO com ports, and throws an exclamation up on one (device won't start). When I try to connect with Repetier, it shows connected, but I can send no commands, and I get no readouts on the temps.

I have deleted the devices several times, and attempted re-installing drivers, and I can't get past this. Anyone ever see this before?
Delete both drivers reboot the machine but do not install the driver. Attach the Rambo card and see if it gets detected only once.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
LASERMAN
Printmaster!

Post by LASERMAN »

I tried that.

I finally had to use Windows restore to get back to a point before I started hooking up the Max.
The problem was caused by my IOGEAR wireless 4 port USB hub.
It's a great device - I can connect to my printer from any PC in the house. It has one quirk - you must connect the printer directly to the PC to load the drivers BEFORE you connect through the wireless USB. If you don't, it creates havok. I forgot about that.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

LASERMAN wrote:I tried that.

I finally had to use Windows restore to get back to a point before I started hooking up the Max.
The problem was caused by my IOGEAR wireless 4 port USB hub.
It's a great device - I can connect to my printer from any PC in the house. It has one quirk - you must connect the printer directly to the PC to load the drivers BEFORE you connect through the wireless USB. If you don't, it creates havok. I forgot about that.
I am glad that you figured it out, good troubleshooting.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “RAMBo”