PS_ON ??

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

PS_ON ??

Post by mhackney »

I'm working through how the HE280 accelerometer interfaces to RAMBo. There is a 2 pin connector to the upper right of fuse 2 (when the board is held with fuse 2 on the right) that the blue wire from the HE280 whip plugs in to. I can't find this documented or labeled anywhere (http://reprap.org/wiki/Rambo_v1.3) The Repetier pins.h file has a PS_ON but I thought that was for the power supply. JJ mentioned in a text to me yesterday that it is probe switch on. Anyone have any more info?

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Eric
Printmaster!

Re: PS_ON ??

Post by Eric »

The PS_ON connector is on the schematic over in the Power In section, not very obvious, but it is there.
Two-pin connector with VCC and PG5 pin from the CPU. The same PG5 that's on the PWM connector, as it happens.
The rest would be software changes.
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

I took a quick look at the firmware. In 091, it's clearly implemented as a power supply control jack, controlled by the M80 and M81 gcodes. Not terribly useful, except maybe in the early versions of the Rambo when you could still power the logic from USB without turning on the power supply.

In SeeMe's branch of 092, the jack has been repurposed for an accelerometer input. The original PS_ON function remains in the firmware, but they moved it to another pin or disabled it, depending on the configuration selected. The hardware pin definitions for Z_PROBE_PIN are hacked into configuration.h, rather than being declared in pins.h like they probably should have been. The pins.h section has become a bit of a mess as well, but oh well. It's custom, hacked, and clearly never going back to the main branch in its current form.

And based on your text, I guess they repurposed the meaning of the PS_ON label as well. Doesn't change the schematic, of course.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Thanks for the sanity check. JJ confused me with the renaming of it, he probably meant it as a joke!

It makes sense now then. The accelerometer interrupt 1 is connected to that (blue single wire) to let the firmware know a probe took place.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
[email protected]
Printmaster!

Post by [email protected] »

So is this a digital signal, like edge triggering?
Max 2
xyz DaVinci 1.0 with custom FW for Repetier-Host
Future plans
NextEngine scanner
Droplite or other SLA
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

[email protected] wrote:So is this a digital signal, like edge triggering?
Yes. Not sure whether it's rising or falling edge. Same concept in either case.
duvdev
Printmaster!

Post by duvdev »

Hi

I am using the PS on to control the heat lamp inside the printer with ssr.
how can I install the board? where can I connect the 5v cable to?
adarcher
Printmaster!

Post by adarcher »

Eric wrote:I took a quick look at the firmware. In 091, it's clearly implemented as a power supply control jack, controlled by the M80 and M81 gcodes. Not terribly useful, except maybe in the early versions of the Rambo when you could still power the logic from USB without turning on the power supply.

In SeeMe's branch of 092, the jack has been repurposed for an accelerometer input. The original PS_ON function remains in the firmware, but they moved it to another pin or disabled it, depending on the configuration selected. The hardware pin definitions for Z_PROBE_PIN are hacked into configuration.h, rather than being declared in pins.h like they probably should have been. The pins.h section has become a bit of a mess as well, but oh well. It's custom, hacked, and clearly never going back to the main branch in its current form.

And based on your text, I guess they repurposed the meaning of the PS_ON label as well. Doesn't change the schematic, of course.
Hah! So that's what they did. I had a similar accelerometer on my desk so I tried hacking it's slightly different i2c commands in place of the ones they added, but couldn't figure out what they looked at a pin that was always set to "on". Now I see they repurposed that.

Return to “RAMBo”