Rambo LEDs

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
awander
Prints-a-lot

Rambo LEDs

Post by awander »

Does anyone know where to find out the function of the various LEDs on the Rambo board?
Andy Wander
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Rambo LEDs

Post by Jimustanguitar »

http://reprapelectro.com/wp-content/upl ... Manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a little bit of it here.
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

http://reprap.org/wiki/Rambo_v1.2

They're all on the schematic if you know enough to be able to read the schematic.

But to summarize, there's a power LED and a status LED by the reset button. Two LED's near the USB chip for transmit and receive on the USB port. And the rest indicate when their respective mosfet outputs are enabled.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Jimustanguitar wrote:http://reprapelectro.com/wp-content/upl ... Manual.pdf

There's a little bit of it here.
Excellent PDF that should be downloaded by everyone using a Rambo board.
Great find!
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Yeah, I already had that doc, but thanks for posting it.

What is the function of the status LED?
Andy Wander
RocketMagnet
Printmaster!

Post by RocketMagnet »

I think the Status LED will flash when you press the reset button to let you know it's resetting/reset.
The flashing LED lets you know the Bootloader is loading... I think a bootloader is essentially like a computer BIOS for the board.. but I could be wrong?
Also I believe you'll be able to program it to perform whatever function you decide you want to assign to it and what you want it to indicate... useful debugging tool id guess?

From what I've seen from basic Arduino tutorials the "L" led is linked to a specific pin so you'll definitely know that pins State
as described here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Arduino stuff looks really interesting to me, the coding side looks simple enough and logically how it all works seems ok that I think
i'll buy some stuff to play with as I've limited base level electronics experience. Looks like fun and a good fit with 3D Printing
coupled with as far as I can tell the Rambo board is just a different flavour Arduino board?
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

awander wrote:Yeah, I already had that doc, but thanks for posting it.

What is the function of the status LED?
It's the utility LED on digital pin 13 found on nearly every general purpose Arduino since day one. If you loaded the arduino blink program, that's the LED that would blink. That pin isn't connected to any rambo hardware besides the LED itself, but is broken out on the pwm header.

I don't know if it's used as an indicator by any of the firmwares.
RocketMagnet
Printmaster!

Post by RocketMagnet »

Ok looks like It's intended function is definitely for debugging... well that's what the official Arduino Project Book manual states on page 11.

Though I suppose as you can code it to light however you like to feedback whatever you want it to....
Attachments
Arduino Manual Pin 13 LED
Arduino Manual Pin 13 LED
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Well, that is on the bare Arduino. I suspect ot's telling me something on the RAMBO board.

I'll have a peek through the code.
Andy Wander
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

On the Arduino the bootloader is the program that runs first. It is the part of the program that enables you to program the arduino over the usb (virtual serial) port using the Arduino IDE (interactive development environment, fancy word for arduino softeare). It consumes about 2kb of your microcontrollers memory ( which should be 32kb). You can do without it BUT then you would need to purchase a separate programmer device to program the thing.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.

Return to “RAMBo”