Repetier

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
andematt
Plasticator

Repetier

Post by andematt »

Hey John - I noticed the git repo you had for the marlin firmware is gone (github 404 error).

I saw the repetier repo you started. I uploaded the firmware and got repetier host setup but none of the controls work (although the host software claims a connection is made), commands seem to just queue up.

Did you have the repetier stack working on a RAMBo?

Thanks
andematt
Plasticator

Re: Repetier

Post by andematt »

andematt wrote:Hey John - I noticed the git repo you had for the marlin firmware is gone (github 404 error).
Oh, I see that he pulled your changes - so there was probably no need for your repo anymore.

Still wonder about anything special to get repetier-host working (I'm running on ubuntu).
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

I have created new repos of the firmware that we've tested to work on all the diff configurations of machines. Check out https://github.com/johnoly99 You'll find a BUNCH of different firmwares there, and Repetier for RAMPS as well as RAMBo is up, and tested on H-1's (no rostock yet for repetier firmware)

As for the issue you had, if you can connect, but there are commands "waiting" as in the blue message box at the top right of manual control, hmmm. If you're running Ubuntu, I've had to drop back on the baudrate to get linux working well. Open up the firmware, and set Baudrate to 57600 and resend that to the board, and go to config>printer settings and change the baudrate to 57600 and see if that works. If it does, keep trying faster baudrates, like 115200, until you reach the "max" for your linux system. It's prob. going to be 115200, that's what i've had to use with mine before.

Hope it helps, and if not, let me know

Thanks
John Oly
xojins
Prints-a-lot

Post by xojins »

johnoly99 wrote:I have created new repos of the firmware that we've tested to work on all the diff configurations of machines. Check out https://github.com/johnoly99 You'll find a BUNCH of different firmwares there, and Repetier for RAMPS as well as RAMBo is up, and tested on H-1's (no rostock yet for repetier firmware)
Wow! Using your firmware on my RAMPS solved A LOT of my printing issues! I am now getting more consistent prints and better looking prints.

Thanks!
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

xojins, Thanks! Glad I could help. I'm guessing it was mostly a motor tuning issue. I seem to be known for finding the "11" on the knobs that only go to 10, so when I posted those configs, I made sure to "de-tune" some of my settings to make sure they were better for first-run prints. Now, make a backup copy of that firmware, then start hacking away! Most great ideas come from oops!

Return to “RAMBo”