Printer Ideas

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
SimCirc
Plasticator

Printer Ideas

Post by SimCirc »

An interesting idea occured to me and I wanted to see if anyone would agree with me. The Orion and Rostock are single material printers, by that I mean a print job is done in one material at a time.

It would be an interesting challenge for SeeMeCNC to undertake a project to create a mutli-material 3-D printer that use either a single print head or a dual print head that use the current materials they offer.

Now i know there are other companies that already have this, but I personally believe in SeeMe and would like to see that addition to their great looking 3-D printers. The could even have another logo contest to design the right logo to fit the name of said printer.

Another idea I came up with uses a differnt kind of media. Metal powders in some sort of binder material that would allow for solidification through baking. This would make printing metal parts (if needed) just as easy as printing platic one. Again I'm sure there are other companies that do this, but I'm not on their forums I'm here at SeeMe's.

Third idea is mixed media, the use of two or more printing media types. This one would somewaht be in line with the top idea and combining both normal and Metal powder media into one device.

I know I'm probably not the first to come up with these ideas and I won't be the last but i figured lets contribute something to this forum other than randomness and I am welcoming everyone to consider and discuss these ideas and improve an tweek them till they sound just right. :ugeek:
You can do anything. Even if it's one peice at a time, you could build a skyscraper in a lifetime and have a few years left to sit back and enjoy your triumph. Forge your own path through the brush and hope it come to a clearing.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Printer Ideas

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Sir, there have been approximately 30 views of your message with no replies. Please don't interpret that as you are being ignored, I think that at this point in time
alternative material printer technologies exist and there is not much interest in porting those technologies into the delta printer arena at this time. I think the future potential
of 3D printing is going to be amazing in ways we can't even visualize at this time. SeemeCNC is a small Company and I am sure that they are thinking about alternative material
printing but at this time they must concentrate on the production of what they have already developed and try their best to keep up with the demand of what they currently produce.
Please don't stop sharing ideas with this community.
SimCirc
Plasticator

Re: Printer Ideas

Post by SimCirc »

Don't worry, i'm not discouraged I see the views as a type of recognition and I fully understand that SeeMe is busy trying to perfect what they currently have. I will keep contributing any Ideas I come up with and try to offer my knowledge when I can. I'm currently working on a project right now that might be of some intrest to some of the at home 3-D printers here. It's a customized version of Ubuntu that I'm attempting to optimize for 3-D printing don't know if it will be useful but we shall see. It may be good for some of those just starting out as I'm taking clues from the tutorials here and tailoring it so that it works along with them. Wish me luck!

:D
You can do anything. Even if it's one peice at a time, you could build a skyscraper in a lifetime and have a few years left to sit back and enjoy your triumph. Forge your own path through the brush and hope it come to a clearing.

Return to “The Lounge”