Aren't statistics wonderful? Humor.

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Aren't statistics wonderful? Humor.

Post by 626Pilot »

barry99705 wrote: I still don't know how states can legalize it, when it isn't legal at the federal level. Didn't know states could overrule federal laws.
For one thing, the federal government has not acted in good faith re: marijuana legalization. Since they have deliberately acted in bad faith, disrespecting the Constitution while supposedly being its protector, they have no argument that the states are doing anything wrong in this matter.

The DEA has deliberately ignored scientific research on cannabis and other drugs, as well as legitimate petitions to get marijuana re-scheduled. They are abusing the regulatory powers granted to them by the Constitution, to the point of doing nothing with those petitions until being sued multiple times. They are obviously in this to defend their budget, and keep police and prison budgets artificially bolstered. I wouldn't be surprised if companies within the beer industry were pulling levers behind the scene, as well. It is a disgusting miscarriage of justice, an abuse of resources (including taxpayer dollars), and an abuse upon everyone who has ever been incarcerated for smoking a doobie.

The DEA's chief had to resign earlier this year because her employees were attending "sex parties" thrown by Colombian cartels. There isn't an emoticon on this forum to indicate how funny I think that is.

Sen. Ron Paul (or maybe it was his son Rand?) brought forth a bill to consider federal legalization. I don't remember who, but there's some stodgy old coot who gets to veto any bill brought up for consideration based on his whims, and whoever is paying him money to pretend to have opinions about things. He decided that our elected Senators need not consider the bill.

At this point, even the legislature can't ignore what's going on - and they have acted to curtail the DEA, and to stop them from interfering with state medical marijuana laws: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... dea-budget" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My favorite part: They took $9 million away from the DEA and will spend it on body cameras for the same police who profited from the incarceration of pot smokers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even John McCain is saying now that marijuana legalization isn't an unreasonable topic. If a staunch conservative heavyweight like him is saying this, it's only a matter of time.
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

Heh, I'm a fan of making tobacco illegal anyway, so I really shouldn't be in this conversation... :lol: The vaping morons drive me crazy too.
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

barry99705 wrote:The vaping morons drive me crazy too.
Don't knock it until you try it. Not that I would ever do something like that. What were we talking about?
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

barry99705 wrote:Heh, I'm a fan of making tobacco illegal anyway, so I really shouldn't be in this conversation... :lol: The vaping morons drive me crazy too.
I'm a fan of making everything legal....whats the point of proclaiming freedom if you cant be free? If you pay your bills and don't cause damages to anyone else by the things you do, the government (local or federal) has no right to tell you what to do.
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

626Pilot wrote:
barry99705 wrote:The vaping morons drive me crazy too.
Don't knock it until you try it. Not that I would ever do something like that. What were we talking about?
The "It's just water vapor" argument. If it's just water vapor, open up that bottle of juice and drink it. I'll be at a hacker convention this upcoming weekend, and I'm sure I'll get a headache from all the vape clouds. It's not "smoking" so they can do it inside the convention center.
bubbasnow wrote:
barry99705 wrote:Heh, I'm a fan of making tobacco illegal anyway, so I really shouldn't be in this conversation... :lol: The vaping morons drive me crazy too.
I'm a fan of making everything legal....whats the point of proclaiming freedom if you cant be free? If you pay your bills and don't cause damages to anyone else by the things you do, the government (local or federal) has no right to tell you what to do.
You're free to do whatever you want, until it impinges on someone else's freedoms.
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

barry99705 wrote:You're free to do whatever you want, until it impinges on someone else's freedoms.

I wish this was true. :(
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

Eagle, haven't you learned not to post jokes by now? I think from now on, we need to take bets on how many posts in Eagle's joke threads before it turns into political/offended/drama/etc. :lol:
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

...and then post MORE! *laughs*

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

BenTheRighteous wrote:Eagle, haven't you learned not to post jokes by now? I think from now on, we need to take bets on how many posts in Eagle's joke threads before it turns into political/offended/drama/etc. :lol:
It is hard to post a joke thread without it turning into a political, offended, dramatic etc. I post them now and then just to waken up a forum that appears to be slowing down.

Return to “The Lounge”