IMPORTANT! V1 to V2 Rostock Max is Ready!

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

IMPORTANT! V1 to V2 Rostock Max is Ready!

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Seemecnc has come out with a new kit allowing the purchaser to convert the Version 1 of the Rostock Max to Version 2 of the Rostock Max.

See the new kit at : http://seemecnc.com/products/full-upgra ... ax-to-a-v2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Demolishun
Printmaster!

Re: IMPORTANT! V1 to V2 Rostock Max is Ready!

Post by Demolishun »

I don't even have a version 1, but I think this is VERY cool. Good job SeeMe CNC!
Challenge yourself and be a more awesome you.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Demolishun wrote:I don't even have a version 1, but I think this is VERY cool. Good job SeeMe CNC!
There are a lot of the Version 1 of the Rostock Max that could look a lot better if an upgrade to version 2 is done.
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

I wonder if with a new larger max heated bed, glass, arms and longer towers I could make my Orion into a Max? Can anyone think of anything else I would need?
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Holy1 wrote:I wonder if with a new larger max heated bed, glass, arms and longer towers I could make my Orion into a Max? Can anyone think of anything else I would need?
I see no reason why that would not work. If you buy the components you mention and the V1 to V2 kit you should certainly be able to do it.
Cost it all out and if the price approaches that of the the Rostock Max V2, I would just buy the complete V2 then you would have 2 printers.
If you do not need two printers then the Orion could be sold.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

There was another thread that discussed the Orion to Rostock conversion. I can't find it at the moment, but I believe that the arm assy's and bed like you said along with wood and aluminum and some belts and you've got it... I'm not sure if the V1 to V2 kit would do the trick. You should try it and tell us what else you need!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Jimustanguitar wrote:There was another thread that discussed the Orion to Rostock conversion. I can't find it at the moment, but I believe that the arm assy's and bed like you said along with wood and aluminum and some belts and you've got it... I'm not sure if the V1 to V2 kit would do the trick. You should try it and tell us what else you need!
The V1 to V2 kit by itself would not do the trick, he would also need to purchase the other components that he had listed in his message.
Costs add up quickly and depending on the total it would make more sense just to purchase the V2 kit and sell the Orion.
LASERMAN
Printmaster!

Post by LASERMAN »

I imagine you would dis-assemble your V1, then follow the V2 build instructions.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

LASERMAN wrote:I imagine you would dis-assemble your V1, then follow the V2 build instructions.
That is correct and you would use the new screws and hardware in the V2 uprgrade kit instead of reusing the ones from the V1.
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

So I made a kickstarter for my steam community to buy one of these printers and I used the image from the seemecnc website for the kickstarter image. I'm wondering if that's ok with the seemecnc people as I also linked the kit which I want to purchase through them. I also attached the image below.
Attachments
TT 3D.png
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

pkhzor wrote:So I made a kickstarter for my steam community to buy one of these printers and I used the image from the seemecnc website for the kickstarter image. I'm wondering if that's ok with the seemecnc people as I also linked the kit which I want to purchase through them. I also attached the image below.
This is a bit off-topic for this thread (look at the title before posting). However, I'll answer this.

If you are buying, or are going to buy a machine, go ahead and use it with permission of [email protected] or [email protected]. Please link-back to the product page on the seemecnc website (include a link to the rostock max product page on seemecnc.com) and give photo credits to them (i.e: photo by SeeMeCNC).

Can I have a link for this kickstarter?
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

Sorry for the offtopic, I misread the topic title and thought it was the rostock v2 topic, my bad.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... rinterfund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's nothing fancy but the link straight to the printer is there.

Ontopic, will there be a v2 to v3 kit down the road if there will be a v3?
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

pkhzor wrote:Sorry for the offtopic, I misread the topic title and thought it was the rostock v2 topic, my bad.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... rinterfund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's nothing fancy but the link straight to the printer is there.

Ontopic, will there be a v2 to v3 kit down the road if there will be a v3?
Great, thanks. I can not comment on the status of a v3 model or v3 upgrade kit. That is too far "down the road" for me to answer considering the v2 is rock-solid and just came out.

Return to “The Lounge”