What are the chances...

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
RepRapRyan
Plasticator

What are the chances...

Post by RepRapRyan »

Sorry if you guys think this is stupid but I'll tell you a funny little story that happened today. To preface the story, I ordered a Max V2 earlier this week and I received it a few hours ago. :D :D :D

I knew today was the day I would be getting the V2 kit in the mail and I couldnt help but think about it during my commute to work. I work as an engineering intern and I use the popular CAD software Solidworks every day, I'm sure many here are familiar with it. When you boot up Solidworks the "loading screen" shows modeled assemblies of popular and recognizable products such as nice cars, intricate machines, and other designs which Solidworks uses to "show off" while you wait for it to boot up. When I booted up the software this morning the model that Solidworks chose to "show off" in the loading screen was none other than the Rostock Max V2!

How's that for forshadowing!!

I just finished unpackaging and I am currently pull off the masking tape 8-)
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Re: What are the chances...

Post by McSlappy »

Nah that's cool!

I guess it would fall into the BAADER-MEINHOF phenomenon of noticing something more often after you've become familiar with it... Like noticing tons of red VW cars after you buy a red VW.

.... Or perhaps Google spied on your machine, noticed that you'd shown interest in a Rostock, then passed that tidbit onto Solidworks... I doubt this one, but at this point in history it's plausible :(

Have a blast with the build! Take photos and show us all!
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Unless Steve managed to get TWO printers in there, it's the Orion, not the Rostock MAX v2. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
RepRapRyan
Plasticator

Post by RepRapRyan »

I stand corrected! I saw a quick glimpse and assumed it was the Max V2. EIther way, it was pretty cool!

-Ryan

Return to “The Lounge”