It's alive but, ...

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
Flavored Coffee
Printmaster!

It's alive but, ...

Post by Flavored Coffee »

Hello,

It's alive! But, after 3 attempts to print the Peek Fan Shroud, I found out it doesn't fit. I'm thinking that the injection molding are newer than those versions, and the tougher injection molded frame for the hot end and universal joints, is not figured into the print for that. So, I'm now printing out the E3D V6 print head mod to mount a printer head that will fit and work right. It can print polycarbonate.

Fixing it goes all the way back to the installation of the firmware, and you have to go fix a line for the thermistor. They talk about it but, it's so vague, and it's in the source code Sketch, and it's in Configure.h. So, the file that needs a change, is the precompiled stuff you were looking at before you're Rostock Max V2 was loaded with anything, and was just a Rambo. They use a different thermistor.

So, first you open the repetier.ino file, then click on the tab marked Configure.h, and scroll down. T0, on the Rambo, is your hot end's thermistor. So, that's the first thermistor you need to select a value 8, for the E3D V6 hot end.

Then you clear the EEPROM on the Rambo, and upload the new values.

I highly suggest making sure you've gotten your printer to think it's convex, and the center higher than GCode Scripts 1-3. That way, GCode Script 4, doesn't slam the printer head onto the Printer Bed. Then follow the flow chart in the manual.

I had to read your mind, there are no directions.

Open Source, means that you have to look all over the place, and the information is out there but, it's scattered around like a big messy bedroom.

Sorry.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: It's alive but, ...

Post by teoman »

The fan should fit. If it does not you have calibration issues. My first prints used to be too tall. And it did not fit.

You can try a different hotend. But it will not remedy your problem.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
PhoenixNZ
Printmaster!

Post by PhoenixNZ »

Flavoured Coffee,

Your posts are always extraordinarily difficult to read. I'm not sure if English is a second language but it is very hard to understand what your problem is. This post also seems to be in the wrong forum section, however I will do my best to address the problems you've been having:

- For myself and many others, the PEEK fan shroud printed out just fine. It was a snug fit for sure, but it still fit. You should not need to replace the entire hot end - the answer will be easier than that. If you have not already removed the stock hot end I suggest you recalibrate (properly!) and make sure you are using the most up to date instruction manual and 3d model.
- If you followed the correct calibration procedure and set your z-height correctly, and put the correct value into the Printer Settings in Repetier, then even if your print bed is slightly convex, the hot end will not be damaged when touching the bed as long as you have the bit of paper there.

The instruction manual is easy to follow and up to date. You seem to be having a lot of problems following the manual and keep suggesting changes, but you are the only person with these problems.

I'm not being mean, I'm just stating how I see things. Please don't take this the wrong way.
Brian
Printmaster!

Post by Brian »

In addition to calibration, it is important to get the filament average diameter calculated. If your filament is extruding too thick the walls of the fan shroud will be fatter than needed and the fan will be too tight.

The fan itself is a standard size that meets strict dimensions, so it probably did not change.

Return to “Show us your machine!”