First Print!

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

First Print!

Post by mlapaglia »

Finally got the bed's thermistor working and the bed calibrated, decided to print the fan shroud in PLA because the ABS hasn't arrived yet. Even without a layer fan or cleaning the bed the print came out fine :)
Still need to work on some overhang issues but the stringing is non-existent.

Thanks to the motor dampers and soborothane pads I can't tell it's running when I walk out of the room!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p07lxaPDSnE#t=229
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: First Print!

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Your machine looks good and is very quiet when compared to other printers. Good job!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Tinyhead
Printmaster!

Post by Tinyhead »

Just watching the video reminds me why I moved away from Slic3r... sweet jesus the retracts.

Eagle is right though - The machine sounds nice and quiet. And the print looks amazing. You're lucky you don't get the stringing.
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Post by mlapaglia »

I've got it retracting 10mm at 50mm/s , seems to be working fine for PLA, might try lowering the distance down to get things moving a bit quicker.
Tinyhead
Printmaster!

Post by Tinyhead »

mlapaglia wrote:I've got it retracting 10mm at 50mm/s , seems to be working fine for PLA, might try lowering the distance down to get things moving a bit quicker.
Yeah, I would lower it down. 10mm is pretty excessive. Personally I would start at about 5 and work your way down. I think I run at 3mm at 30mm/s.

A few of the very experienced printers on here say that it's the retraction speed that is more critical than anything, and that quicker is not always better.
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

Yeah 10mm is huge. I do 2mm at 15mm/s which is probably too slow, but I'm cautious running PLA now :) with my e3d v5. I could probably double that speed now that I'm using oil with PLA.... I will next time :)
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)

Return to “Show us your machine!”